Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I suppose. They really should've retooled the necks and used the Movie Heroes wave two heads on them to make them really special. It wouldn't have cost them that much and they could've been reused in future assortments.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

My local WM doesn't have a pallet, so the figures just show up mixed into the Movie Heroes and CW, and the kids have been ripping the 3D glasses off the cards a lot. Mawhonic is almost a pegwarmer here.

I picked up the Gungan Warrior and the Naboo Pilot, their 3D art is actually pretty decent, I suspect I enjoyed their cardback art more than I would the actual 3D TPM.

The Gungan Warrior recycles the arms and legs of the previous figure, the one with the horn, but the head and torso are new, both are pretty good, and there's no ridiculous spots all over him this time (though his paint is a touch plain). I didn't remember the feet being so fat though, it's a weird design. I get the feeling this figure was designed by the old guard team and then the new guard management picked up the pieces and screwed up the little things though: the Farseein has its "eyes" attached backwards so it's looking behind instead of ahead (and it feels too flimsy to break the glue on them to fix), and the long atlatl has 2 little issues: the peg connecting the halves is too long so there's a gap, and they left the boomer that it's supposed to hurl out of the set. So it's a nice figure with good articulation but the significant accessories let the figure down in little yet notable ways.

The Naboo Pilot is pretty decent, but it is overwhlemed by the oversized coat which is just cut too big in every direction. It's too long on the sleeves and they're about double width, the faux belt is at his knees, and the coat ends up floor-length when it's supposed to end at the top of the boots. If not for the belt, it'd make a better Jedi robe than the ones Hasbro gives to Jedi figures, but as a pilot coat it's just a problem. The figure's flight jacket is sculpted as part of his torso, it looks pretty good but the collar doesn't pop as much as it should, the movie had the jacket collar popping well over the coat collar, here there's a couple millimeters you can get at the tips but basically it's a no-go which is a shame. The jacket isn't too complicated or too wrinkled, but its mustard color is a little darker than it should be, while the simple shoulder harness is lighter than it should be. The holster looks good and works well, there's some question that it's not on the costume, but I can see it on some of the behind-the-scenes shots so I think they made the right call. The overall figure isn't mind-blowing but it's good work. The helmet is really cool though, the permanently-affixed goggles are clear over the helmet and you can see the helmet behind them, a great touch, they achieved this with a separate painted panel in the back. The figure's face is a bit older and angrier than seems appropriate, the eyebrows are very boldly-painted. An odd thing about the face, it's quite asymmetrical in its lines but not its features, and I realize this is a fairly common issue for figures over the last 8 or 9 years, since the Saga line. Finally, the blaster accessory, it's the standard blocky Naboo blaster but the sculpt and paint are really good. Overall, this is a fairly decent figure, but its trademark accessory - the coat - has enough problems to dampen the experience.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The Gungan Warrior recycles the arms and legs of the previous figure, the one with the horn, but the head and torso are new, both are pretty good, and there's no ridiculous spots all over him this time (though his paint is a touch plain).
    I love that so many people look at him and just go "repaint!" when, for the most part, it is pretty much a new figure. And it is a rather good one as well!

He's a Gungan. They rock. Don't blame the whole race for Jar Jar Binks. That'd be like an alien culture condemning all of humanity because Carrot Top appeared in one of their movies.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    He's a Gungan. They rock. Don't blame the whole race for Jar Jar Binks. That'd be like an alien culture condemning all of humanity because Carrot Top appeared in one of their movies.

...Pauly Shore.

LOL