Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Walmart* "Discover the Force" exclusive sub-line...

I'm only interested in a portion of what is being offered here. I think I would like to get the droid, the Gungan Warrior, Ric, the Pilot, and Mawhonic. I'm interested in the Royal Starship droids to finally get good versions of those. All of these will be in the Maul packaging like the rest of the Movie Heroes line, but will also feature the red and blue 3-D glasses on the side of the package.

BASIC FIGURES:
    1- Aurra Sing (will later be in The Vintage Collection)
    2- Darth Maul
    3- Destroyer Droid
    4- G8-R35- Gungan Warrior (will later be in The Vintage Collection)
    6- Mawhonic (will later be in The Vintage Collection)
    7- Obi-Wan Kenobi (will later be in Movie Heroes)
    8- Qui-Gon Jinn (will later be in Movie Heroes)
    9- Ric Olie
    10- Naboo Pilot (will later be in The Vintage Collection)
    11- Tusken Raider
    12- Yoda

MULTIPACKS:
    13- Mos Espa Arena (includes Anakin Skywalker, C-3PO, Sebulba, and a pair of Pit Droids)
    14- Royal Starship Droids (includes R2-D2, R2-A6, R2-R9, and R2-B1)

VEHICLE/CREATURE ASSORTMENT:
    15- Dewback (repack of the 2009 creature)
    16- Vulture Droid (a repaint of The Clone Wars vehicle)
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'll be getting all the exclusive figures, as I worry that not all of their accessories will carry over to their Vintage repacks (though I can't back that up). I'll also likely get some more Tusken Raiders and Destroyer Droids, since I like these versions the best.

I'll be getting the multipacks and creature/vehicles, even though the Mos Espa Arena one is only for Anakin and Sebulba's flags.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I share JJL's concern about accessories being carried forward. The Movie Heroes (and similarly packaged figures) have far more room in the blister than the Vintage figures and so some accessories may not carry over. I'm also a little torn on the battle packs. I don't really need any of the figures but what I would like are the flags from the podracer set and the droid stands from the astromech set. Seems really silly to buy the whole pack just for accessories.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

So Ric's the only true exclusive here, right?

Still, the case for the accessories is sound. This happened with a recent Joe release (the Pursuit of Cobra Iron Grenadier) who lost a rifle when re-released very soon after on the new 30th Anniversary packaging, despite the room for accessories being the same on both cards, and most 30th Anniversary figures having more accessories than previous figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So Ric's the only true exclusive here, right?
    G8-R3 is also exclusive. JEDIpartnr, the spacing in your post accidentally puts G8-R3 and the Gungan Warrior on the same line.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5
    Seems really silly to buy the whole pack just for accessories.
    Well, the Astro Droids figures are all based on the build-a-droid mold, meaning it's the first time any of these characters (including R2-D2) have used that body. It also means that the figures can break apart, as in the film. I guess your purchase could be decided by whether or not you like that mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    G8-R3 is also exclusive. JEDIpartnr, the spacing in your post accidentally puts G8-R3 and the Gungan Warrior on the same line.
    I see... I apologise for the error!! LOL

BASIC FIGURES:
    1- Aurra Sing (will later be in The Vintage Collection)
    2- Darth Maul
    3- Destroyer Droid
    4- G8-R35
    5- Gungan Warrior (will later be in The Vintage Collection)
    6- Mawhonic (will later be in The Vintage Collection)
    7- Obi-Wan Kenobi (will later be in Movie Heroes)
    8- Qui-Gon Jinn (will later be in Movie Heroes)
    9- Ric Olie
    10- Naboo Pilot (will later be in The Vintage Collection)
    11- Tusken Raider
    12- Yoda

MULTIPACKS:
    13- Mos Espa Arena (includes Anakin Skywalker, C-3PO, Sebulba, and a pair of Pit Droids)
    14- Royal Starship Droids (includes R2-D2, R2-A6, R2-R9, and R2-B1)

VEHICLE/CREATURE ASSORTMENT:
    15- Dewback (repack of the 2009 creature)
    16- Vulture Droid (a repaint of The Clone Wars vehicle)

I was in W*M today and saw the new packaging on Sebulba's & Anakin's Podracers, Sith Infiltrator, and some tank (AAT or MTT?). Are these repacks? No new figures though.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I was in W*M today and saw the new packaging on Sebulba's & Anakin's Podracers, Sith Infiltrator, and some tank (AAT or MTT?). Are these repacks? No new figures though.
    I saw them as well, and got the AAT. I haven't seen comparison shots, but I'm reasonably sure that the Sith Infiltrator is a straight repack, the podracers are repaints (though to what degree, I'm not sure), and though I haven't yet opened the AAT, it's based on the one that's been released in some form or another since 1999 but updates the cockpit so a droid can fit inside. It's the only one that has some new tooling, at least.

I stopped in at three Walmarts this morning, one super and two standards, and found absolutely nothing. The pegs were full with the same Movie Heroes and Clone Wars figures that they've had out for the last two to three weeks. I saw some of the new Class-I vehicles (Maul's speeder, etc.) and Class-II vehicles (podracers, etc.), but there wasn't even any peg space to devote to the Discover the Force range in the aisle. Are they putting up a display in a special area?? If so, I still didn't even see a place for that to go. It was rather disappointing. Oh, well-- at least I got my one hour cardio in at the gym and finished up before 6:30am today.

I've seen a few Walmarts with special pegs reserved for their exclusive figures, but I don't think anyone has found them in the States yet. They should be along shortly, but they won't be out today.