A Movie-by-Movie Updated Guide to Padme Figures

Because she has so many gosh-darn wardrobe changes and drives diorama constructors nutz!

Well now, at least every Padme figure from TPM has finally been produced. It took 13 years.

There are 16 totally unique Padme figures from the 2 prequel-sequels left to be made.

It's 2012 and the license extends until 2018 (though it could be renewed and probably will be - even if Hasbro chooses not to produce).

So are 2 new Padme figures per year feasible?

Yes and no.

Some of the following figures are not as iconic as some of her already made figures.

From TPM, we'll likely see these resculpted: [and I will NOT be buying any of these as I want NEW figures of Padme]

1999's Theed Hanger Battle Queen
    1999's Podrace Arena Padme
    1999's Senate Speaker Queen
    20001's Theed Throne Room Queen

From AOTC, I'm sure we'll get:

2002's Arena Battle Padme
    2003's Droid Factory Padme

The 2002 Pilot Padme figure might get redone as well, for an ACTION figure of her, but I'd say the odds are less than 50-50 compared to these other choices for AOTC re-makes that I listed above.

From ROTS?

2005's Mustafar Padme

That's 7 figures away from 12 that Hasbro could feasibly do anyway.

Thus, we might only get 5 more NEVER-MADE-BEFORE Padme figures from AOTC and ROTS out of 16 possibilities.

So here's what she wore in the latter 2 prequel movies and the outfit style's status as an action figure:

AOTC?

Pilot - DONE - 2002
    Palpatine's office / Padme's apartment ??? (1)
    Nightgown/Kohoun Attack/ Naboo Balcony-with blue outer robe ??? (2)
    Packing to leave Coruscant ??? (3)
    Refugee Disguise / Meeting with Queen Jamilla - DONE - 2011
    silver outfit, deleted scene w. Naberrie family ??? (4)
    kiss on the balcony / backless dress ??? (5)
    yellow waterfalls dress ???(6)
    black leather temptation - DONE - 2007
    Tatooine Travel - DONE - 2003
    Lars Homestead ??? (7)
    Shmi's funeral / droid factory - DONE 2003
    Arena Battle - DONE 2002
    Wedding - DONE 2003

So for the 3-D release of AOTC, which Padme(s) will it be? The "iconic" looks for her that were never produced yet (indicated by my numbers) are (1) Palpatine's office and (6) the yellow waterfalls dress - either which would look really good carded. The nightgown is not so far-fetched. They made her in a nightgown for ROTS with the Padme Evolutions 3-pack. However she was pregnant and did not include the outer robe (would have to be cloth), not to mention the kohoun creatures originally shipping with the 2002 Electronic R2-D2.

So there are 7 AOTC Padme figures left to be made (and how many freaking Arena figures of her do they need to do?!!! - an improved one from the action scene could be issued for Saga Legends, but not take up regular line space). I would say 2-3 of her next most iconic AOTC figures could be made for the Episode 2 three-D release. That would leave 4 left for future years, with the packing to leave for Coruscant eventually being a smart choice since she wore this look in the Gennedy animated series as well (a variation of it).

ROTS?

hair in buns from Coruscant Landing Platform (1)
    nightgown - DONE 2009 Evolutions
    black dress - "something's happening" (2)
    gold dress with head wrap (3)
    Ruminitions sequence (4)
    blue dress with gloves - Anakin leaves for Mustafar (5)
    Senate silver - Birth of the Empire (6)
    meeting with Obi-Wan (7)
    Mustafar - DONE 2005
    Birth of the Twins - (8)
    Funeral (9)

There are 9 ROTS Padme figures left to be made (and I'm sure Mustafar will be re-carded, but they could do that in Saga Legends). Her ROTS choices are far less colorful and appealing. The (6) Senate silver one is probably the next most important to make. I'm not sure if Hasbro will do "birth of the twins" - plus it's so plain and similar to her other white-clad figures or Leia's white dress. The funeral figure is grim and also questionable. I think the blue dress with sleeve gloves from when Anakin leaves for Mustafar, as well as her hair-in-the-Leia-buns-look from her first appearance are the next best choices after the Senate. Both the Senate and the blue dress figures would look very good carded. The gold dress figure "Hold me like you did by the lake in Naboo" might also look good, and similar to the Padme Refugee Freighter figure that's shipping currently.

I could eventually see most or all the AOTC Padme figures being made. I'd have my doubts about the ROTS ones.

But we should definitely see at least 2 new NEVER-MADE-BEFORE Padmes from AOTC (Office/Apartment, Waterfalls) and 2 or 3 figures from ROTS that were NEVER-MADE-BEFORE (landing platform, Senate, blue dress).

Those are your 5 all-new Padme figures for the next 6 years unless they include new figures of her in multi-packs, not counting 7 probable re-sculpts of figures us veterans already have (like Arena Padme).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Oh, a year-by-year report (same information, presented differently, and mainly because I can't sleep right now):

1999 Hanger Battle Queen
    1999 Padme Podrace on Tatooine
    1999 Senate Queen
    2001 Theed Throne Queen
    2001 Black Travel Decoy (Sabe)
    2001 Theed Battle Decoy (Sabe)
    2004 Handmaiden (Rabe, but could count for Padme at that scale)
    2004 Victory Celebration Queen
    2009 Purple Royal Starship Queen
    2009 Pre-Senate Queen (Evolutions)
    2012 Post-Senate Queen

I did not count resculpts of the same outfits - just their first appearence.

2002 - Pilot
    2002 Arena Battle
    2003 Tatooine Travel
    2003 Droid Factory
    2003 wedding
    2007 - black leather temptation
    2011 - Refugee Disguise / Meeting with Queen Jamilla

2009 - nightgown (Evolutions)
    2005 - Mustafar

So some years had NO Padme figures (2000, 2006, 2008, 2010) and several years offered 3 Padmes in the same year (1999, 2001, 2003)

1999 had a glut of figures and is not a good year to draw any conclusions.
    2003 might have had a struggle to move Wedding Padme, but the others were scarcer though her Droid factory figure had a healthy stock.

Her 2005 Mustafar edition did not move very quickly but she wasn't an offesive pegwarmer, either.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The Lars homestead powder blue outfit was done, on the navy blue Saga/AOTC card (with gold strip down the left). Even had a removable blue cloak; nice figure. I think that was about 2004 or so.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Thanks Bel-Cam.

I listed it above as Tatooine Travel since she wore that with Watto in Mos Espa as well as on the homestead.

I thought I was distinguishing it from the other blue desert dress that might have belonged to Beru which Padme wore when Anakin threw his temper-tantrum in the garage "It's all Obi-Wan's fault! He's holding me back!"

I'm a little uncertain if I got all the ROTS figures and potential figures correct though - having seen that movie a few less times than AOTC because it is a newer addition.

For TPM, they could still redo the Senate outfit to include the shawl that she actually wears in that scene, which was not included with the 1999 figure. They could also make a dedicated Padmé figure in the orange handmaiden gown, in case the 2005 Rabé figure isn't close enough for you.

For ROTS, the Evolution figure included a plain white soft goods robe, which pretty much looks like the birthing gown. The hair is different, but still, I'd say that that's as close as we're going to get on that one.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I want a new Padme figure exactly as she appeared in ANH.... meaning "not at all."
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I want a new Padme figure exactly as she appeared in ANH.... meaning "not at all."
    Until the SWE4:ANH-3D version adds her in, you mean?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I've told you many times before, the prequel character George Lucas should add to the OT is JarJar Binks.

In an added scene to Episode 4, they can test the Death Star Super-Laser on him when they shoot him out into space from a trash compactor chute.

As a matter of fact, replace the dianoga with JarJar in the trash compactor scene.

Then when JarJar's tongue grabs Luke's leg, Han Solo can shoot JarJar repeatedly.

Then he gets ejected into space as the Imperials prepare for the Battle of Yavin.

In the subsequent OT films, little pieces of JarJar can be scene in the high-def versions of the films, bouncing off the spaceships' deflector shields throughout the rest of the movies - like a JarJar head bouncing off the Falcon's window during the asteroid chase scene in ESB.

And that creature is actually JarJar's tongue hanging off Jabba the Hutt's palace wall that tries to lick C-3PO.

Anyway, now back to Padme figures they ought to make because diorama builders seriously need these, and ours is a legitimate hobby, just like any other reason the rest of you collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I've told you many times before, the prequel character George Lucas should add to the OT is JarJar Binks.
    Easiest place would be in the Ugnaughts' junk room, or a drink on the cantina's daily special board. Perhaps his skeleton in the rancor pit? (Luke throws his skull at the door controls?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Perhaps his skeleton in the rancor pit? (Luke throws his skull at the door controls?)
    THat would actually be hilarious.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis