Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Who u want to sculpt Star Wars

I've been thinking about this for some time now. I've read many a poster not satisfied with certain sculpts of characters. So here's the question:

If someone else could do sculpts for Star Wars, who would you choose?

For me I'd love to see McFarlane Toys get there handson a few characters. The amount of detail they put into most of their sculpts is unreal sometimes! I'd love to see their take on such characters as Darth Maul, Han Solo, Chewy, Obi-Wan, and Emperor Palpatine! I just think those sculpts would be the prized possesion of many a Star Wars collector.:happy:

So what do you think? Who should sculpt a line of SW figures and who should be in that line?

OK, my question changed slightly. Sue me.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

There is a thread about this already. I can't remember the exact title of the thread or which section it was under. Moderators, can we delete this thread or combine this thread with that one or bump it up so that Dar'Argol can read it?
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Sorry, I was not aware this thread already existed. It was something that was making me dissy running around in my head so I spit it out. . . . I had to clean the screen off afterwards . . .
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Although Hasbro is a pain in the ***, I would only want Hasbro to sculpt Star Wars figures.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

For the most part I am happy with Hasbro. They do make some really stupid decisions, but we all live with it. Then I start thinking, McFarlane would do an amazing job. I would love to see him do Star Wars.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

McFarlane would probably do the best job on keeping the figures
    consistant(by keeping them 3 3/4),use the tons of detail,and
    listen to the customers on what they want.

However,I see Hasbro making SW figs for a long time,since GL
    probably owns a percent of the company.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Yeah, I know there is no chance Hasbro's gonna give up the cash cow, but the idea is who would you like to see make SW figs if the deceision was left up to you.

And McFarlane would not have to make them 3 3/4" I would like to see a 6" or 8" fig with really good articulation and a lot of detail put into them. The problem is that Hasbro has everyone blinded to this format that it is hard to think outside the 3 3/4" box. I realize that in my pipe dream, this would cause problems with collectors who's whole set up is based on 3 3/4", I know I'd have to re-arrange a bit. Look at what he did for Staring Line Up. They where areound 3 3/4" and now there 5-6" figs and they look great. The card shots are of the figs, not the real athletes!!!!

The only problem with a 6'' or 8'' line is that they wouldnt flow
    with the previous figs and the vehicles would be even more expensive!
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

If a 6" line HAS to be done, I want it done by ToyBiz. Can you imagine a Stormtrooper with 30 points of articulation like those Spider-Man figures? And the figures aren't that expensive either, and they do have to pay a license also. :happy:
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Nah, McFarlane would OVER detail them, and they'd suck.....they'd be as useless as Epic Force figures....

oh wait......Epic Force.....remember those highly detailed, giant, exclusive showcase figures.....

I thought so......

see the point is, that if McFarlane did Star Wars, they'd just be unposable statues.....and since Hasbro has already done that, and nobody bought them, I don't ever see it happening again.......
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!