Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

2012 Wave 2 - Return of the Jedi Deleted Scenes

Sandtroopers has carded and loose images of this wave (included in there is the second wave of Class II vehicles for good measure). The figures are:
    87. Luke Skywalker (Lightsaber Construction)
    88. Princess Leia (Sandstorm Outfit)
    89. Lando Calrissian (Sandstorm Outfit)
    90. Colonel Cracken (Millennium Falcon Crew)
    91. Rebel Pilot (Mon Calamari)

It's still annoying that Luke is coming in a sleeved cloak instead of the one he wore in Jabba's palace, which is the same one he wore in the deleted scene. Even if Hasbro didn't have the full scene to work from, it should have been obvious that it was the same cloak from the finished film. Still, it looks like a pretty good ROTJ Tatooine version otherwise.

Some of the photoshopped images used on the cardbacks look better than others, but I wasn't planning on keeping any of these carded anyway. The figures themselves are good, anyway.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I hadn't noticed that Luke robe thing, that is unacceptable and I hope either someone just made a mistake at prototype stage that LFL caught and corrected, or that someone is FIRED if that gets to market. And that card art is a bit meh all around.

Anyway, the lead characters are cool, I've been waiting, but I'm not enthused exactly - probably the pricepoint. Cracken is fine I guess although he is missing his headset, but that's a figure I would have bought reluctantly at $7, now at $10 it's hard to see the point. The A-wing Mon Cal is an interesting twist but it's not something I would have wanted.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I hadn't noticed that Luke robe thing, that is unacceptable and I hope either someone just made a mistake at prototype stage that LFL caught and corrected, or that someone is FIRED if that gets to market. And that card art is a bit meh all around.
    I bet it will get to market. The fact that even the card art has him wearing a cloak with sleeves leads me to believe that they still haven't caught the mistake and probably won't. I mean, there have been a few Lukes with that cloak, but the only cloth one is from 2004 (and re-released a few times after), so it's not really like you could just take it from a different figure, since then that one and only Luke would look bare. It's a shame, too, since Luke's hooded appearance in the scene really gives it a creepy, ominous vibe, and it just looks goofy and weird to see Luke in that robe.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Something I've been wondering but not seen mentioned anywhere, is Cracken's weapon based on the rocket launcher the rebel soldiers carry in Battlefront or from some other source?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I can't answer Basker's question, so please don't forget he still needs an answer.

However, from these figures, I will buy Cracken and the Mon Cal A-wing pilot.

Maybe I'll get three figures of Cracken for EU scenes or something.

Maybe even more?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I like the Cracken release ( ) best of these. I don't game, so I can't answer the Battlefront query, sorry.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Something I've been wondering but not seen mentioned anywhere, is Cracken's weapon based on the rocket launcher the rebel soldiers carry in Battlefront or from some other source?
    It is definitely not the one used in Battlefront or BF2, as that one was an over-the-shoulder unit with most of the tube behind the shoulder, while the one Cracken comes with is a very different design. My guess is it's something Hasbro made up to make it feel like he had a gunner station in the Falcon, or it's from a game I'm not familiar with. It looks slightly similar to the BF2 Galactic Marine's chaingun, but is quite different in other ways.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, you're right, it's far different from the Rebel launcher, I finally popped in the game again. It seemed really familiar for some reason and I realized it's because it at least looks very similar to the Imperial's launcher, but it's not a definite match.

http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Marine

You may have the right idea that it's just something Hasbro came up with.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

The cylinders on either side are quite stand-out in design, it's something I would have noticed in a game or show because they're offset.

Been noticing reports around places that the Deleted Scenes wave is showing up at Wal-Marts under $4.00 clearance prices, but it's not a definite thing. I managed to score a pair of Sandtroopers, a pair of Hoth Rebels, and a Revenge Ackbar for $4 a piece today but the clearance price was to their specific UPCs. They had a full set of the deleted scenes figures, but when scanned they rang up with a message to talk to the manager. :/

It was tempting to try talking to the manager, but since the new TPM figures were ringing up at full price I figured they wouldn't go for it.