Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I Might have to check W*M out, as I've seen nothing of this wave at TRU or Target (which are closer stores to me).
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Went into Walmart on the way home this evening. I found the Luke, Mon Cal and Cracken that I wanted. It was pretty obvious that they had another full wave there at one point 'cos there was a spare Mon Cal on the pegs. Oh, right... they also had Lando, but no Leia. Anyhow, I took them up to the register along with a DTF Tusken Raider. The three deleted scenes figures wouldn't ring up, but the Tusken Raider did. The cashier told me the other three couldn't be sold 'cos they are "recall" items. Seriously??? What is that all about? It's obvious that I'm just not meant to have any good luck this week.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

That does suck. Whenever that's happened to me, they've just scanned another figure X number of times.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That would've been possible if he hadn't stuck them under the counter and refused to give them back to me.

I went back on the way into work today on the off chance that they put them back on the pegs, which they did. Sadly, someone bought the Cracken (go figure), but I got the Luke and the Mon Cal. I also bought a spare battle droid, which did ring up, so the cashier used that to scan the other two. Whew!! Now I just need to find that dude with the big honkin' gun!!

I picked most of these up this week. 2 Luke, 2 Leias, 2 Landos, 1 Mon Calamari; but no Crackens yet, because he had some paint apps issues with his face.

Walmart seems to be sold out of them now, but I was able to get a few of them for the $4 clearance price. I wasn't specifically trying to get them at that price, but when they wouldn't ring up, the manager walked back to the toy aisle with me and I showed here the price label of $8.96 and tried to explain that the $4 clearance price was supposed to only apply to the older figures on the pegs. However, she said that she would ring them up at $4 each, since that's what the label said. So I got one of each Luke, Leia, Lando and the Mon Cal for a total of $17.16.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    That would've been possible if he hadn't stuck them under the counter and refused to give them back to me.
    That doesn't make any sense. You could have asked to speak to a manager, but I've noticed that some Walmarts are like night and day when you compare their customer service with other Walmart stores.

Of course, it's also possible that the cashier wanted them for himself and saw this as his best opportunity to stash them away until his shift was over.

Strange story here.

My brother and I are huge Star Wars fans....and I've mostly been the collector over the years, he got plenty of figures as a kid, but I always kept mine carded.

He just randomly goes to Wal-Mart today and picks up this wave. He said the lady rang them up and they didn't scan, so she just asked what they should have been, so I'm assuming they accidentally broke street date and got them way early.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Of course, it's also possible that the cashier wanted them for himself and saw this as his best opportunity to stash them away until his shift was over.
    At the local WM, they don't even bother with that. Any good stuff never makes it to the floor. I've actually seen them stocking the shelves and discussing what to keep out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    so I'm assuming they accidentally broke street date and got them way early.
    There was no street date for these figures. Walmart simply screwed up and didn't enter them into the computer system before they arrived in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    At the local WM, they don't even bother with that. Any good stuff never makes it to the floor. I've actually seen them stocking the shelves and discussing what to keep out.
    At my store, it really depends on who's working in the toy aisle the night the figures show up. I think there might only be one other Star Wars collector in my store; but I can imagine that, with the line running for over 16 years now, lots of collectors could have entrenched themselves into the retail industry for the sole purpose of having easy access to new waves of action figures.

I'll admit that was one of the reasons that I chose to apply to Walmart rather than, say, Rural King or Tractor Supply Co. (the big, rural retail chains around here).