Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I got the Mon Cal rebel pilot and the sandstorm Leia & Lando off of a dealer at Amazon. They were $9.50 to $9.99 apiece, which isn't too far off retail. Now all I have to find is the Luke and I'm done with this wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I got the Mon Cal rebel pilot and the sandstorm Leia & Lando off of a dealer at Amazon. They were $9.50 to $9.99 apiece, which isn't too far off retail. Now all I have to find is the Luke and I'm done with this wave.
    I got all three plus Cracken off amazon as well. Lucked out, as the dealer had them listed separately at $8 apiece, but (a rarity when ordering from secondary shops on there) actually combined shipping, so that I only paid about $10 more for the set. When you figure TRU sells the figs for $2, plus gas to get there, I pretty much broke even for a change.

Now, if only the Lukes would come down in price from $19.99 and up (the other four have also jumped since I got them as well), I might consider it, since I've seen nothing at retail, and don't have the time to make a million trips to the store anymore.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

The guy combined shipping for me as well. It was $6.95 for one figure, but I ordered 6 of them and the shipping charge was around $10.50. I didn't think that was too bad of a deal considering gas prices.

So rumor has it the big gun that comes with Cracken fits somewhere on the BMF. Anyone try it out?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

It's been a month since we talked about these figures? Dang, that's awful. Where are these? I haven't seen hide nor hair, and looking at wave 3 and 4 case listings they're not in those! Instead wave 3 and 4 carry forward pegwarming Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Battle Droid, and Naboo Guard. Where are the Wave 2 figures and why aren't we seeing more of them in later waves??
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I never saw them on shelves but I got the wave from Brian's Toys. It's really why I order online, because I feel like if I did not, I would often miss out on entire waves.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Never saw Lando or Luke. Which seems odd; this is, what, the 300th Jedi Luke in the past two years (feel free to correct me, JJL or JT ), and Lando is always a pegwarmer.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I haven't seen them since their first debut when they wouldn't scan. I just assume the walmarts here finally pulled them from the shelves because one walmart had one full set and another had two, but all of them vanished within the same weekend. Meanwhile, the TPM figures have been pegwarming something awful so it makes me further doubt that the ROTJ figures were suddenly bought up. There just don't seem to be any big spending SW collectors around here anymore. Even scalpers seem to have thrown in the towel, more or less, given that Ric Olie is a pegwarmer despite possibly not being rereleased later.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I got Cracken about a month ago and the others three weeks ago but haven't opened them yet aside from Cracken (it's easier to open them at my family's house as opposed to my apartment due to eventually taking them there anyway, especially since I got all the Movie Heroes wave 2 figures at the same time and don't want lose anything from this mountain of figures). For some reason, this wave never really grabbed me like the TPM one did - maybe because I'd been waiting on figures like Ratts Tyerell and Ben Quadinaros forever and had only known about the Mon Calamari pilot's existence for a few months, Luke's robe is all wrong, and Cracken is kind of samey (especially since we literally got the same character - a more accurate version, no less - back in 2006).

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Never saw Lando or Luke. Which seems odd; this is, what, the 300th Jedi Luke in the past two years (feel free to correct me, JJL or JT ), and Lando is always a pegwarmer.
    It's the 400th, actually. Well, there have been quite a few different ROTJ Lukes in the last handful of years, including different basic carded figures in 2006 (TSC Endor gear), 2007 (TAC Jabba's palace), 2008 (TLC Sandstorm), 2009 (TLC box-chest DSII), 2011 (TVC Endor Capture), and now 2012 (TVC Lightsaber Construction), not to mention in various sets and releases. But this is the first basic one in five years to have the Jabba's palace tunic thing, so that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    I haven't seen them since their first debut when they wouldn't scan. I just assume the walmarts here finally pulled them from the shelves because one walmart had one full set and another had two, but all of them vanished within the same weekend. Meanwhile, the TPM figures have been pegwarming something awful so it makes me further doubt that the ROTJ figures were suddenly bought up. There just don't seem to be any big spending SW collectors around here anymore. Even scalpers seem to have thrown in the towel, more or less, given that Ric Olie is a pegwarmer despite possibly not being rereleased later.
    Ric Olié would have been a pegwarmer no matter what.

The lack of ROTJ figures and abundance of TPM figures is due in part to the crappy case assortment, which includes 7 TPM figures from the previous wave. If someone wants one of the figures, chances are that they want at least some of the others, so it's probably more likely that collectors just bought the wave when they found it. These things don't last long on the shelves when they're new, you know.

Because people are scared of his sheer bada**ery, JJL. A Ric Olie figure is something that frightens most people. Only those of us who are brave dare risk purchasing one. Even then, we worry we might find out wives or girlfriends cheating on us with the figure.
    Tommy, close your eyes.