Hybrid View

Thumbs up Bring on Wave 2 of the Movie Heroes line!!!

I am really looking forward to this wave. I think the play features in the Jedi and Maul are kinda cool and fun and really "toyetic". The Jar Jar looks quite good and I think this is probably THE good repaint/reissue of Tatooine Anakin (especially siince it comes with his racing helmet). The weird thing about Obi-Wan is that the head sculpt looks so much better than the one that was reissued in the TPM Vintage Collection line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37284 Mh shock trooper us.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	25860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36564 jar jar us.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	25861   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36565 MH Anakin eu.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	25862   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36568 darth maul eu.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	25863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36571 obi wan eu.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	25864  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36572 padme eu.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	25865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36573 qui gon eu.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	25866  
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

What are the Padme and Anakin reissues of? Or are there new figures in this line?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think Anakin is a reissue of a 1999 figure. The Padme is new. There are reissues and new figures in this Movie Heroes range. The first wave was all reissues and this second wave is a mix of mostly new and some old. The Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon have light-up lightsabers.

Anakin is actually new, as far as I can tell. Every figure in this wave is new - the shock trooper is from wave 1.

Chux, this line mixes old and new figures. All 12 wave 1 figures are repacks or repaints. Wave 2 is completely new. I'm not sure on future plans but it will probably be a mix. So that means, unlike the past, all three lines (The Vintage Collection, The Clone Wars, and Movie Heroes) consist of a mix of new, repacked, and repainted figures.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Oh, crap, that means I have to actually start looking at the figures on Maul cards?

Does seem odd; there's a little boy Anakin out right now, as well as Qui-Gon, Maul, and Obi-Wan, and Jar Jar's actually one of the very, very few I'd seriously consider keeping carded on a Vintage card.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, the thing with this line is that there are play features incorporated into most of the figures or that they aren't super-articulated. They also have weapons or accessories that "do something" rather than merely accessorise.