Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New figures at UK Toy Fair - Nikto Skiff Guard, Starkiller, Shae Vizla

JediNews.co.uk got a sneak peek at three new TVC figures today - a Nikto skiff guard (based on the same character that inspired the original vintage figure), Starkiller (in his TFUII duds for the first time), and Shae Vizla (from The Old Republic). I'm glad to finally have an update to the vintage Nikto. Starkiller is a worthy EU addition to this line, and even though the sequel wasn't as great as the first game, it's still nice to finally get a figure from it. I have zero interest in TOR as a game, but this design is pretty cool, so it looks good.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I love that the Galen Marek figure is fully loaded with a bazillion accessories. They finally did him properly!! Glad to see that we're finally getting that Nikto guard.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm not particularly excited about any of these.

I'll buy them all though. So yeah, Hasbro sold me some action figures.

The Nikto is most useful for an army builder.

Garen? Why not? I own the first game but I don't play it. I only really play the Lego SW games and spend the rest of my time playing baseball mostly, if I turn on my system at all.

As to the OR figure - it looks great so I'm buying. Probably 1 though.

My EU wants are from the comics and novels, especially the 1990's ones.

I want a lot of Tales of the Jedi comic figures - pretty much the whole cast of everyone who ever appeared in Ulic Qel Droma and Exar Kun's era Sith War,

and....

a lot of New Jedi Order figures including more Jaina and Jacen figures in different outfits, Luke, Han, and Leia all in new outfits and older - twice their age in the films - and Yuuzhan Vong army builders as well as other Jedi and Imperials from this era,

and also...

more figures from the Legacy comics era, especially the Fels and some of the other Jedi and Alliance characters.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Nikto looks great and with the confirmation of Weequay coming this year as well, I'm really excited that we're getting 3 new Skiff Guards in 2012! Just when I thought I had no real reason to get excited about Star Wars collecting anymore.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yes, that's good news. But my favorite will be Wooof.

I so wanted his unique look in my displays and Hasbro did a perfect job on that figure.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Yes, that's good news. But my favorite will be Wooof.

I so wanted his unique look in my displays and Hasbro did a perfect job on that figure.
    Wooof came out in fall 2010. This year we're getting Kithaba, the Vintage Nikto (sometimes called Lathe), and apparently a resculpt of Queequeg.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I know.

What I meant is that with Wooof being released, and the tan vest Weequay skiff master, I was good with the skiff guards.

I bought multiples of a bunch of these guys anyway.

I'll still buy 1 or 2 of the new ones, but I didn't need them in place of characters that are hard to substitute for like Queen Jamilla, or Bail Organa, and especially Padme in certain outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Wooof came out in fall 2010. This year we're getting Kithaba, the Vintage Nikto (sometimes called Lathe), and apparently a resculpt of Queequeg.
    Actually Lathe was a secondary identity that Decipher gave to Nysad. As far as I know, the vintage Nikto has never been assigned an individual identity. One of the admin over at RS is on a personal crusade to have the character dubbed Vinkto, but I think that name is too derivative.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Actually Lathe was a secondary identity that Decipher gave to Nysad. As far as I know, the vintage Nikto has never been assigned an individual identity. One of the admin over at RS is on a personal crusade to have the character dubbed Vinkto, but I think that name is too derivative.
    For what it's worth, according to Leland Chee's Keeper of the Holocron Blog, he intends to retcon the Vintage Nikto to be Lathe.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    For what it's worth, according to Leland Chee's Keeper of the Holocron Blog, he intends to retcon the Vintage Nikto to be Lathe.
    I would definitely prefer Lathe to Vinkto.