Sideshow's IG-88

The first of the classic 6 bounty hunters has arrived, and what a figure!

I'm really impressed with this one....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IG-88 05.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	25885 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IG-88-01.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	25886

Name:	IG-88-02.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	25887 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IG-88-04.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	25889

I'll be back later with some thoughts on this one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IG-88-03.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	25888  

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    The first of the classic 6 bounty hunters has arrived, and what a figure!

I'm really impressed with this one....

Name:	IG-88 05.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	25885 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IG-88-01.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	25886

Name:	IG-88-02.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	25887 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IG-88-04.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	25889

I'll be back later with some thoughts on this one...
    Yeah I'm pretty impressed as well. But I don't unerstand why the shoulder articulation is the way it is. The light up features are a sweet touch.

Now I'm gonna gush here a little...

Now that I've had a chance to really look at it and manipulate the different parts, well...damn, Sideshow...this is quite simply one of your best!

A remarkable piece of engineering and thought went into rendering this crisp assassin. From every angle, one can see the awesome amount of detail and really appreciate the almost haphazard character design. This thing looks dangerous...

Any fan of that fleeting moment on the Executor bridge when we first catch a glimpse of this droid will totally appreciate how having this supremely crafted figure will be like looking at the ultimate freeze-frame and allow one to absorb every detail...

Like I said,, I'm gushing here...but Sideshow's proven the wait for the first of the classic bounty hunters has been well-rewarded. Gonna really enjoy this figure...can't wait for Fett and Bossk to show up...

This was a character I wasn't too keen on getting...there are others that I wish Sideshow would've tackled first. But since Sideshow announced they were starting production on different droids from the saga, it made sense that they would want to "break themselves in" with characters that required not only basic sculpting skills, but some engineering and assembly/mechanics ones as well. This figure must have been quite the labor of love for the design team. It's really impressive how all of the pieces fit together, how many articulate and how awesome this looks on display. It really bodes well for characters like Grievous, the Magna Guards and yes, the classic droids to see that such effort is going into the design.

Name:	IG-88_PEITT-01.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	25897

Name:	IG-88_PEITT-02.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	25898

I'm not bothered by the shoulders...they move and position well enough for the display poses I want to achieve for this character.

This figure is a great success in my book...

I haven't yet received mine yet. From pics I've seen the sculpt and articulation look incredible. The worst I could say about it is I wish it were taller, as it looks taller in ESB. This size, though, seems to be appropriate to the IG-whatever's in the CW.