Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Addicted to Action Fleet X-Wings!

Hey guys,

*stands up* My name is Ben and I am addicted to AF X-Wings. There I said it!

I now have 5 overall, 2 of the newest Red 5's, an orginal Red 5 and 2 Red 2's(one battle damaged). It seems I also have a need to get as many pilots and R2's as well.

Anyone else out like me?

If anyone has any figures or maybe a Red 3 or 6 that they don't need let me know : )

Cheers,
    Ben

Hi Ben!

I have a few as well, the original first Red 5, the battle damaged one that came with the Yavin playset, the Red 5 that comes with the flight handle, the one with the Series Alpha, the ToyFare Magazine-exclusive Dagobah swampy X-wing, the Hasbro 2002 repaint, and the Ultra Titanium Series they made from the AF design. I don't have any extra figures though, unfortunately, just the ones that came with them (the Hasbro ones didn't come with figures at all). I didn't realize I had collected so many over the years!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey!

Nice little collection you've got there. I wasn't happy that the Hasbro X's didn't have figures included, even less so when I figured the R2 was glued in!

Any idea if they can be taken out?

I've actually ran out of room for them, the 3 Y-Wings I've got will be relegated to the box soon!

I haven't tried to take them out, but I wouldn't suspect so, the floor underneath is a thin wall and probably couldn't take the abuse.

Right now, my whole collection is packed away, I still need to figure out how I want to display all my AF and Micro Machines.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maybe I won't try then!

The rest of my AF collection is boxed up, any other space I have is taken up by MR saber hilts.

Is it worth putting a request on these boards for AF figures you think? Currently I've got 10 pilots and 6 R2 units but I'd like some more to make my little Yavin Base diorama a bit busier. Some A-Wing pilots would be awesome.

Thinking of getting some fishing line to hang one of them up above the rest to make it look like it's just taking off too : )

I'm so late to this party it's ridiculous!

You might want to get the silver X-Wing version from the Galactic Battle too
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Silver X-Wing? As in it's completely silver? That wouldn't interest me but thanks for pointing it out : )

I'm guessing that not many people frequent this section anymore but if anyone can help get hold of some more figures that would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by BenCooper11 View Post
    Maybe I won't try then!
    I would be cautious, at the very least.

The rest of my AF collection is boxed up, any other space I have is taken up by MR saber hilts.
    Ha! Right on. I still haven't unpacked my stuff from last year's move, but saber replicas are such a joy to display (all of mine are Force FX, I plan on displaying vertically so hopefully that won't affect my AF.

Is it worth putting a request on these boards for AF figures you think? Currently I've got 10 pilots and 6 R2 units but I'd like some more to make my little Yavin Base diorama a bit busier. Some A-Wing pilots would be awesome.
    In the past, we were quite the happening center of Action Fleet collecting, but I don't know how many still read this stuff anymore, we've kind of scattered to the wind after losing a few of our good friends. It's worth a shot though.

Thinking of getting some fishing line to hang one of them up above the rest to make it look like it's just taking off too : )
    Nice! I like that, I'm not a big fan of hanging vehicle toys or models, but that'd be subtle and make a good statement with the others still on the ground.

I'm so late to this party it's ridiculous!
    Action Fleet and Micro Machines SW are timeless, I've been in the game since late '93. The line fills a niche in SW collecting that no other does - Hasbro claims there isn't a market these days, but I think it's the way they are marketing them.

Quote Originally Posted by BenCooper11 View Post
    Silver X-Wing? As in it's completely silver? That wouldn't interest me but thanks for pointing it out : )

I'm guessing that not many people frequent this section anymore but if anyone can help get hold of some more figures that would be fantastic.
    It's pewter-painted, so dark silver with a blackwash, exclusive to Japan: http://www.starwarsactionfleet.com/s...em&t=EX&i=zaap

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for that stuff, it crops up at conventions every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I would be cautious, at the very least.
    Maybe I'll give it a go on one of them then, any idea on how to tackle it?

Ha! Right on. I still haven't unpacked my stuff from last year's move, but saber replicas are such a joy to display (all of mine are Force FX, I plan on displaying vertically so hopefully that won't affect my AF.

In the past, we were quite the happening center of Action Fleet collecting, but I don't know how many still read this stuff anymore, we've kind of scattered to the wind after losing a few of our good friends. It's worth a shot though.
    I've got a couple FX's but my pride and joy is an Obi Wan Ep2 Hilt, it's gorgeous. I've got an Obi Wan Ep4 as well as a Luke Ep5.

Nice! I like that, I'm not a big fan of hanging vehicle toys or models, but that'd be subtle and make a good statement with the others still on the ground.

Action Fleet and Micro Machines SW are timeless, I've been in the game since late '93. The line fills a niche in SW collecting that no other does - Hasbro claims there isn't a market these days, but I think it's the way they are marketing them.

It's pewter-painted, so dark silver with a blackwash, exclusive to Japan: http://www.starwarsactionfleet.com/s...em&t=EX&i=zaap
    Me neither but I have to think of keeping all the X's in a limited space and fishing line is my best bet I think.

I started buying AF's when they were first released so I was 9/10 years old(had good taste even then!). Alot of my collection I've had since then. As I've mentioned all I'm really interested in now is getting more X's and the pilots/R2's along with some random figures to mix it up. Hasbro are talking rubbish there would be a huge market I'm sure.

Now I've seen the pic I remember them, was never interested as they wouldn't fit in with the rest of my stuff!

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for that stuff, it crops up at conventions every now and then.
    That would be great thanks man : )

It's probably a good thing for your wallet that you aren't too interested in the Galactic Battle silver X-Wing, as it would cost a very pretty penny.

Anyways, these are the versions of the X-wing released to mass retail at one point or another:

The original Luke's X-wing
    Rebel Flight Controller X-Wing
    Wedge's Red 2 X-Wing
    Porkin's Red 6 X-Wing
    Classic Duels X-Wing (Luke's Red 5)
    Luke's X-Wing from Dagobah
    Luke's X-Wing (Hasbro Release)
    Series Alpha Red 3 X-Wing
    Battle Damaged Rebel Base X-Wing
    Ultra Titanium Series Red 5
    Ultra Titanium Series Red 3

These are only the ones released in Action Fleet scale (Not including the Japanese Galactic Battle version, which I haven't been able to convince myself to mortgage my house to buy yet). There were many, many more released in Micro Machines and Titanium scale that are interesting on their own merit.
    www.miniempire.ca - The best thing since sliced bread.