Hybrid View

NEW Playmates TMNT Classics - Super Articulated!!

Finally! We've been hearing some rumors about a new TMNT Classics line for a while. That it was planned to hit later this year alongside the figures for the new Nickelodeon cartoon series. But MTV got a sneak peek of what Playmates has in store for TMNT Fans at Toy Fair. While the New Toon figures look ok, I am really excited for the new 6" Classic figures. Usually I'm not too impressed with Playmates figures, but these really look fantastic. And they're not kidding about the level of articulation on these. 30 points, including articulated fingers. There's only one word for that... Cowabunga! The 4 turtles will be the first figures they release, but hopefully we'll see Splinter, Shredder, Krang, and Rocksteady and Bebop at least in subsequent assortments.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/02/01/...ction-figures/

Video Showing Them Off - http://www.mtv.com/videos/interview/...tml#id=1678323
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leonardo.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	25910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Michelangelo.jpg 
Views:	1838 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	25911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raphael.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	25912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donatello.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	25913  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Those classic cartoon-based figures look alright, but aren't making my heart sing. Maybe I'm finally burned out on the old cartoon, or maybe the newer cartoon designs made these obsolete to me, I'm not sure. Also, I've not seen a lot of TMNT figures where the articulation can get past their unique body styles, so I am not yet sold on that type of design here either - at the very least, I'd want to see them balancing on 1 leg on all those lower leg joints freestyle. But that's just me.

Those new toon figures though, wow! Those look great. The basic ones, not the goofier ones with the sounds and eyeballs and spring-shoulders. Those basics look tremendous, they remind me of the comic. And they seem to have a lot of joints without looking obvious about it. The lack of ankle joints is the only thing that seems to be lacking for what I'd like (I'm torn on mid-torso joints they don't have that the classics do, it's a very important joint for a ninja figure, but it's also a joint that makes no sense on a turtle-based character).

I kinda dig the Stealth Bike, the design seems unique. The playset looks tremendous and could be fun or fragile, not sure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Guess I'm still just an old school fan at heart. Though I do like the design of Krang (Or The Kraang?) for the new toon. So I will have to get those. I do kinda get what you're saying though JT. I think if they would have showcased something other than just all four turtles in the first wave there would be more to be excited about. I want to see a really fantastically sculpted Rocksteady and Bebop especially.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I am OLDER-school, I remember when my mom was taking me to the comic shop in the '80s and TMNT was the new thing.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A buddy just sent me this, funny timing, says someone found this at an antique shop: http://i.imgur.com/4U8zs.jpg