Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Yeah, I kinda did a double take on the price as well. But it is pretty much the biggest Sewer Lair playset they have ever done. I don't know how well it will sell, but then a lot of people thought the $150.00 Star Wars ships wouldn't sell so well either.
    That playset ain't no Millennium Falcon. It looks similar to the original Castle Greyskull when all opened up, very 2-dimensional simple platform play. I also see Playmates' patented "pay for cardboard" style in there, where part of it is a cardboard backer rather than a playset. I can't see this thing selling so well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Steve shot their Toy Fair stuff today. I'm really feeling the basic new figures, but ONLY the Turtles and Foot soldiers, I don't love the design on Shredder or Splinter, and April... I refuse to even discuss that mess. Krang looks fine but not my speed.
    http://photos.actionfigs.com/g6359-t...a-turtles.html
    I can see those new Turtles being my swan song TMNT collectibles.

As for the classics line, brilliant packaging trick, except for that stupid "Nickelodeon's" at the top, that was unfortunate. Still, I have lost my taste for the original cartoon altogether.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Fwoosh got some good detail shots of one of the figures in the set... Donatello. Wow. Just Wow.

http://thefwoosh.com/2012/07/first-l...tion-donatello

I so cannot wait for this line. I see that it's already in stock in some stores. So I'll have to look.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Got my first two TMNT Classic Figures from Wal-Mart.Com via Site to Store. Leonardo and Michelangelo.

Since the articulation is the same on each... and amazing at 34 Points..., I won't go over that.

But I'm in love with these. From the slight color variations on the turtles, to the great scupting and paint.

And Michelangelo's numchucks having real metal chains is just awesome sauce. I do miss extra weapons though. Throwing in a weapons rack like the classic figures with throwing stars and such would have been a good idea here.

It's a shame that Donny has a Perry The Platypus eye paint problem. Hopefully they fix it on future shipments.

All in all, It's been a long time since I've been excited for action figures. Now bring on the bad guys!

Are these Classics figures the same scale as the new animated series figures? I actually like the designs in the new cartoon better, but was a little disappointed that the new Michelangelo's nunchuks were just solid pieces of plastic.

I was a fan of TMNT before there was even a cartoon; so I don't necessarily consider the 1987 animated series to be the final word on Turtles' design.

Now we just need some Fish Police action figures. I actually liked that comic book a little better.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Are these Classics figures the same scale as the new animated series figures?
    Nyet. The new classic figures are Marvel Legends size. Around 6 1/2" IIRC.

Been seeing the new cartoon toys at Target and now TRU, haven't seen 1 Foot Soldier but every single other character on the cardbacks have been in my area including those awful April and Splinter figures. Shredder still doesn't do it for me, Krang is fun but not something I'd consider as I suspected. The 4 turtles are tempting, but after seeing what was going on at the Nickelodeon booth at SDCC, I'm really not liking much about this expression.

So April's a teenybopper in school.

Um.

Okay.

Yeah.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So April's a teenybopper in school.

Um.

Okay.

Yeah.
    And Donny is in love with her now. I can't even fathom how that happened when they came up with this at the meeting.

Regardless of how the Nick series will turn out, the four turtles from the toy line are outstanding figures!