Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Article: New York Toy Fair 2012 Coverage Starts on Saturday

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I hope to see new Star Wars, Transformers, Star Trek, and Terminator products I've not yet uncovered spy reports about.

So I guess that's Hasbro, Playmates Toys, and NECA whose presence I hope will be substantial in New York.

I don't think Hot Toys does Toy Fair shows, and since they use SideShow as a distributor and SideShow does not attend, I'll be watching their website.

Hot Toys needs to make 1/6th scale Terminator figures out of Michael Behan's original Kyle Reese character, and Anton Yelchin's Terminator Salvation appearence. In addition, Linda Hamilton's original appearence should also be immortalized in the 1/6th scale.

Going further, Hot Toys could do wonderful with the Star Trek license, specifically 1/6th scale Borg, Jem Hadar, and some sort of version of The Founders with lots of shape-shifting parts, not to mention the Borg Queen. Then I'd like General Martog and Worf in Klingon armor, Picard, Data, and Sisko in their modern uniforms, Major Kira and Odo in Bajoran Militia uniforms, and Gul Dukat in Cardassian armor. Worf and Picard in their First Contact Space Suits would also be better-sellers. The latest movie's best bet would be Chris Pine's Kirk in survival gear, perhaps Leonard Nimoy as older spock, and definitely some gruesome beasts from Delta Vega.

Back to Terminator stuff from NECA, they'd do well to create Sarah, Kyle, and John, from the first two Terminator movies.

This site is dedicated to Star Wars, so our forums are full of our wishes from that genre - however a SideShow 1/6th scale rancor would be both huge, and awesome! As would also Anakin's and Obi-Wan's airspeeder from AOTC for the 1/6th scale figures to ride in.

And finally back to Transformers, a 2nd party company has been making a Leader Class Blackout (helicopter) figure that I may pay out more than $200 for (after import fees). Hasbro would be smart to offer this in their own product line as well as more Human Alliance (Human Nemesis) Decepticons like Rampage, Sideways, a repainted "Chicago style" Barricade, and perhaps Scrapper. Movie Starscream needs a Commander Class Cyberverse figure (easily done and sure to sell) and Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge need Leader Class or Masterpiece offerings.

Here it comes, almost here, 1 more day until the big Hasbro extravaganza! I will be helping update this article with the new images as they come in, but I'll also drop comments on the stuff I see in here, because I'm smooth like that.

Registration is open to the trade only; Toy Fair is not open to the public. No one under the age of 18, including infants, will be admitted. This being said, I am curious as to why, if it is such a huge marketing event don't they realized the revenue they could generate by selling admission to the public. I have no problem with throwing down money to buy a plane ticket and go just as I have not problem to go to the next Celebration in Orlando.......again!?!??!?!?!?

Hasbro is still doing their presentation, they just finished with a blistering 19 minutes of the Star Wars portion of the slideshow. Steve was hitting me with live info and I posted it here:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/conten...asbro-Toy-Fair
    Some of the stuff was missed as it blew by, we'll have the slides themselves in a few hours, but for now there's that.

I'll be honest, I don't understand why Hasbro gives SW such a short time to get out all that info when it's the #1 boys toy license and #2 overall toy license.

Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    Registration is open to the trade only; Toy Fair is not open to the public. No one under the age of 18, including infants, will be admitted. This being said, I am curious as to why, if it is such a huge marketing event don't they realized the revenue they could generate by selling admission to the public. I have no problem with throwing down money to buy a plane ticket and go just as I have not problem to go to the next Celebration in Orlando.......again!?!??!?!?!?
    Toy Fair is not intended as public marketing, it's intended to involve retailers, to give them a product heads-up and convince them to order this and that. The news media coverage is quite secondary, that's why Hasbro's showroom now has a concentrated up-front media event, so that the rest of the time they can work with retailers.

Plus, the public would just break and steal the displayed product.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Article has been updated for the first gallery of pictures, TVC basic figures.

Don't forget, many of the photos on the pages can be further enlarged by clicking them.

Yes! Weequay and he looks great!

TFU2 Starkiller looks outstanding, they really got the face right this time. I hope the head is interchangeable with the previous Galen Marek figures.

Holy crap, Tarkin head sculpt looks perfect, and he's got a new mousedroid! Ohh, but why go with the soft-goods skirt? Wow, that looks so bad, I hope the final version melds better. And the overall green could be toned down just a smidge.

Cut-scene Leia looks good, but Luke still has that stupid brown robe and he's sporting Obi-Wan's Ep 3 saber lit. Steve took a shot of the unlit one, that does look new and accurate. Lando looks ok, but hopefully better with the cloak off.

Royal Guard looks great, they did real sewing on that cloak, hopefully the final version is as good.

NIEN NUNB! FINALLY! After 16 years, it's finally happened. His height looks just right.