Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Realistic CW Obi-Wan looks pretty good, about what I'd expect. Not sure about Ahsoka, the costume looks good, but the big eyes are throwing me.

Ok, coming up next, TVC Vehicles have been added.

Which 'Wok is that?

And the Boba Fett-looking redhead girl (fanwank alert! I'm guessing the armor is removable to reveal her bikini) actually looks pretty cool.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So the MTT has 4 poseable Battle Droids, and they look like the AOTC deluxe 3PO/BD body, and 16 pre-posed statues on the rack, complete with army-men-style foot platforms. I am not sure how to feel about that choice. The vehicle looks good closed up, a decent amount of bulk, but I hope the motorized gimmick doesn't overwhelm the interior area and other features.

I was a little quick to post on the vehicles, there are a few more pictures of the MTT up.

The back end interior is a disappointment, hopefully the top has more stuff going on. The deployment rack doesn't look too bad, it slides out, opens the top awnings, and lowers the rest of the rack. Not movie-accurate and it's odd too, this could have been movie-accurate with the front door fitting a smaller rack for folded-up droids instead of going for the "army in a box" concept, but I think as a toy this makes sense - though I would have loved to have seen folded-up droids instead.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Which 'Wok is that?

And the Boba Fett-looking redhead girl (fanwank alert! I'm guessing the armor is removable to reveal her bikini) actually looks pretty cool.
    "Lumat", the original vintage character who no longer has a name and I'm guessing is getting a new name for this very figure. Won't catch me spending $10 on it though.

Pre Vizsla's great-great*15-grandmother from The Old Republic. I think She looks a bit GI Joe for my tastes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

SDCC exclusive carbonite set is up, with a look at the Jar Jar in Carbonite card. I'm not entirely sure how this will work, but I am very interested in the concept they've presented. I like the "lost" card art they're using too.

AMP'D is up. It's a construction system, and I like that it's different from LEGO, a little more pre-formed so it's more about SW shapes than full building.

Vader's TIE with tank treads looks cool. Steve says they're about 3.75" scale, I could see these integrating with more imaginative displays, and being a good crossover from the Jedi Force age group to the regular SW line.

There's an AAT set and it appears to have Spider Droid legs as extra parts.

First of all, thanks for the great coverage, it looks like there's much more here than on other sites already.

I want to know more about the SDCC set. It looks like most of the figures are repacks, with the only new one being Jar Jar in carbonite. I'm thinking the set will be a pain to get, but the carbonite is pretty funny. The overall carbonite theme is an odd choice for this year, but then again, so was the DSII last year. That rejected card art was rejected for a reason; it looks pretty doofy.

I expected Odd Ball to just be a Jag repaint, though it looks like he has new legs. I've wanted this guy for a while now, so it'll be good to finally have him.

Quite a few ROTJ figures, and quite a few ROTJ upgrades - Weequay, Nien Nunb, Royal Guard, and from the vintage line, Nikto and the Ewok formerly known as Lumat. They all look great - I'll get several Royal Guards. I'm glad they went with the vintage Lumat instead of the black-and-white one that currently has the name.

I wonder why they made realistic Clone Wars Anakin and Obi-Wan with their Season One and Two looks, while Ahsoka is the Season Three and Four version. Well, I assume they did that Ani and Obi since the new look is basically "ROTS plus gloves," but I'm not sure why they wouldn't make Ahsoka match them.

Tarkin looks pretty sweet so far. I'm really liking the new Mouse Droid.

"Fully poseable pilot droids," sure, if fully poseable means five points of articulation. The non-folded droids is annoying, but hopefully the TVC ones can fit in there as well.

Mara Jade as the winner is disappointing. Hopefully they at least do a different outfit this time.

There are pics of more Vintage figures on another site - Jar Jar looks incredible. Clone Lieutenant is a blue repaint of the AOTC trooper. The ROTS clone is a shock trooper, so at least it's not just a white one. A third Emperor's Wrath Vader, why this is necessary is beyond me. Same goes for the sandtrooper, though he has an orange pauldron and a droid - still too soon. Bespin Leia has a lot of soft goods and looks pretty good. Orrimaarko looks similar to Major Panno, but has a much larger hood. The TOR trooper looks well done, even though I don't really like the design from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    First of all, thanks for the great coverage, it looks like there's much more here than on other sites already.
    SSG is the Han Solo of fan collecting sites!

I'm glad they went with the vintage Lumat instead of the black-and-white one that currently has the name.
    Shows how much I can remember about Ewoks, I thought hey already did the NewLumat.

I wonder why they made realistic Clone Wars Anakin and Obi-Wan with their Season One and Two looks, while Ahsoka is the Season Three and Four version. Well, I assume they did that Ani and Obi since the new look is basically "ROTS plus gloves," but I'm not sure why they wouldn't make Ahsoka match them.
    Perhaps recognizablility, or the inappropriateness of her S1 tube top, or maybe Lucasfilm requested it. Too bad Q&A is aslumber or we'd ask them, if you can, remind me to ask around Comic-Con.

"Fully poseable pilot droids," sure, if fully poseable means five points of articulation. The non-folded droids is annoying, but hopefully the TVC ones can fit in there as well.
    I wonder what it'd do if a figure got stuck inside the rack.

Mara Jade as the winner is disappointing. Hopefully they at least do a different outfit this time.
    If they do a new outfit, will they do a new head too?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.