Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    You're right, JT. Miss Mandalore does look sorta GIJoe-ish. So much so, I'd seriously consider (HERESY AHEAD!!) getting her and that Prehistoric Vader (Really, would it be too much to make Vader unique? Seems like half the Sith Lords have breather masks or cybernetic armor now.) for custom fodder.

That one dude who looks like a ed Clonetrooper heavy gunner looks like a sweet figure.

Nom Anor... DAMMIT! The cloak should be black! The same issue as with Luke. Seriously, what's up? Is black cloth really expensive so they go with brown? Really, I'd prefer the "Ringwraith" look he had in Crimson Empire II first, but a sort of hybrid figure would be best. He also looks a bit too much like the "standard issue" Vong we got with Kyle Katarn a while back. His face is shown partially on the cover of Vector Prime and looks far more like a skeletal human face. I also think his uniform looks too artificial; the Vong wore living, bioengineered armor that wasn't much for symmetry. Nom Anor looks almost like a fat version of pre-cyborg Grievous had a baby with some forgotten X-Men villain. Rather disappointing.

Aayla Secura. Really. I would be happy if they never made her again. She's had, what, seventy figures? I think you can display a unique Aayla for every unique Snake Eyes or Darth Vader Hasbro's ever produced.

Orrimaarko looks pretty cool, though if it weren't for the joints I might not realize he's new. I guess that just speaks for how good the original is. Truth be told, I'd prefer one of the other Dressellians since we have him already. Or maybe the Ishi Tib from Jabba's Palace (can't recall her name right now, but the one we have is the Rebel).

Jar Jar is a sweet-looking figure. They made us wait, and it looks like it was worth, what, eleven frickin' years. The carbonite thing looks like an insanely easy pass.

I'm most excited about ESB Leia, who looks spectacular, and the Mon Cal pilot. Oh, and Lumat, of course.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

See any Titaniums yet, JT? Any chance we can get some info about the new "EU-themed" toolings due in the Fall? Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You're right, JT. Miss Mandalore does look sorta GIJoe-ish. So much so, I'd seriously consider (HERESY AHEAD!!) getting her and that Prehistoric Vader (Really, would it be too much to make Vader unique? Seems like half the Sith Lords have breather masks or cybernetic armor now.) for custom fodder.
    "Miss Mandalore", awesome. Poor Shae Vizla, that's her name to me now. I might get them and the bearded clone-fake guy, no shame in getting new things even if they are a bit... derivative, or as Madonna might say, "reductive".

That one dude who looks like a ed Clonetrooper heavy gunner looks like a sweet figure.
    His weapon looks stupid, but I'm told that's Bioware's fault, not Hasbro's.

Nom Anor... DAMMIT! The cloak should be black! The same issue as with Luke. Seriously, what's up? Is black cloth really expensive so they go with brown?
    Luke's robe should also be a cloak! I really think something's way off at the top on this.

Aayla Secura. Really. I would be happy if they never made her again. She's had, what, seventy figures? I think you can display a unique Aayla for every unique Snake Eyes or Darth Vader Hasbro's ever produced.
    Yeah, they're really burying us in Aayla figures:

Wow, 3 in 9 years, plus 1 in Clone Wars, a Sideshow 12" in '09 and now in 2012 a Premium Format, how are we able to survive the onslaught? I fear for a world in which my children cannot breathe without taking an Aayla Secura into their lungs.

Orrimaarko looks pretty cool, though if it weren't for the joints I might not realize he's new. I guess that just speaks for how good the original is. Truth be told, I'd prefer one of the other Dressellians since we have him already. Or maybe the Ishi Tib from Jabba's Palace (can't recall her name right now, but the one we have is the Rebel).
    I definitely agree here, except the part about Ishi Tib, I have no idea what bearing that has on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Duranium View Post
    See any Titaniums yet, JT? Any chance we can get some info about the new "EU-themed" toolings due in the Fall? Cheers!
    I'm not at the show, DD, I'm at home helping via the internet. And it doesn't look like there was any mention of Titaniums, but I'm guessing we won't hear more until SDCC anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve View Post
    LEGO is up! BIG NEWS COMING TOMORROW!!
    Lego looks pretty good, the Death Watch shuttle is swank. That LOTR line you put up on ActionFigs is really going to be difficult to not buy though, they look amazing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I agree JT, those LOTR sets are going to be very hard to resist.