Question And the first Titanium 2012 Variation Award goes to...

The Sith Infiltrator pack. I found and bought another one to open today at my Wal-Mart- which DID have them for $29.96- but I'll discuss what happened there in another thread.

The Infiltrator in the pack I got on Monday had a dark black over-spray (ink blots, small polka dots- whatever).

The one I got at Wal-Mart today had NO overspray- which made it MUCH lighter in color and tone. There seems to be a little detail black-ish paint BUT the difference is night and day when you see them together. I was kinda sad because, well, this means I can't open either pack yet. I have no idea which is rarer yet, either. I can pull the date codes off the back if anyone is interested in that sort of thing (there are embossed date codes on the new packs!)

I might post pictures later.

SO! We have a variant already- one light Gray Infiltrator, one over-sprayed dark Gray Infiltrator (the other ships in the pack looked the same)

Where is Darth Duranium?

Or am I gonna have to take over the list again?

Zut alors, Warstar! I'm probably not buying any Titaniums until we get new tools in the Fall so it would make total sense for you to take the list over again. It was my honour to serve, sir. Just call me The Temp. BTW, I do still pop by SSG from time to time to see old pals.

The new Infiltrator may be a toughie, though. There's a lot of variation in the "dirty" wash on a lot of the earlier TS releases. Some have none, some looked like they've been rolled in soot, most were in-between. I'd like to see a pic of the polka dots.
    Under fluorescent light at TRU ($24.99 up here) , I thought the blue paint on the TF Battleship looked darker, the flesh-coloured nose on the Republic Gunship looked darker, the N-1 looked paler, and that the MTT looked less orange. But I'll leave it for you to determine whether they're proper variants, minor factory variations, or basically identical releases. You bought the new ships so you're able to physically compare them at home.
    FYI: My rule of thumb for a "variant" was that there had to be a distinctly different coloured paint or deco applied to the ship somewhere (i.e. a blue canopy instead of a black one, Red 2 markings instead of Red 3, dirty wash instead of none, etc.). I didn't count slight variances in paint tones and washes as proper variants, but I did try to note ships that had a variety of appearances.

If you like, I can post updated info regarding the DeAgostini and F-Toys lines for the Appendices... there have been many more Titanium-sized releases since the last update.
    Best of luck!
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Glad to see you here!

Dude, the list is more 75-25 now, with 75% being all you. You kept it alive while I was going through some relationship stuff- if not for you, it would have died in 2008. Keep updating as you see fit- some people out there someplace have to have a good list to go by!

SO! I would call the Sith Infiltrator in the new 3-pack a variant then by your definition- a Clean and Dirty one. It's that plain to see...

To me, the MTT looks different- brighter really- but I don't have access to my old one. Argh.

Damn if my Cell Phone has a better camera than my old one- I'll take pics and attempt to upload them here tomorrow (my new computer setup has less functionality to create and update pics than my old one :-( )

Ah shucks, thanks for your kind words, Warstar. Ah jeez, I didn't know the reason for your temporary hiatus; I'm glad you've bounced back, it's good to see you, too. Hehe, I'll take credit for 35%, tops. And JT's always been supercool about cutting and pasting the updates too, many thanks.

I'd be happy to update the list but I'd need folks to post comparison pics and/or variant info for all of the repacks, y'know.

Agreed, if the battle damage wash is unique and the clean one is not a one-off error, they're both variants. I do list error variations, too: for instance, I noted that JT's Droid Gunship and my Viper Mk II were missing markings, but I never heard of any more like those.

I plan on opening my 3 packs Thursday or Friday- I'll get a better look at them then BUUUT-

I found another pack today with the Infiltrator and the wash was kind of...inbetweenish. I mean the Dark one is DARK and obvious and light one was LIGHT and obvious but this one...more Light than dark, but in the middle...

To the point where it's about moot ;-P Still, you can see granules/fine dots of paint on the dark one where the other 2 you cannot- like the guy's airbrush was clogged on the dark one and it got finely "goopy."

I think the dark one may have been an error or one-off, and not necessarily a production line change.

Still- can't wait to open the suckers ;-)

I had the Blue Vulture Droids with different wing stripes- that was a fun variant to collect...blech.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    I plan on opening my 3 packs Thursday or Friday- I'll get a better look at them then BUUUT-

I found another pack today with the Infiltrator and the wash was kind of...inbetweenish. I mean the Dark one is DARK and obvious and light one was LIGHT and obvious but this one...more Light than dark, but in the middle...

To the point where it's about moot ;-P Still, you can see granules/fine dots of paint on the dark one where the other 2 you cannot- like the guy's airbrush was clogged on the dark one and it got finely "goopy."

I think the dark one may have been an error or one-off, and not necessarily a production line change.

Still- can't wait to open the suckers ;-)

I had the Blue Vulture Droids with different wing stripes- that was a fun variant to collect...blech.
    So what's the scoop, Warstar? Any new variants worth bothering about?

Blast. I wasn't going to get any of these because they all looked to be the same paint apps as previous sets. So much for that idea.
    www.miniempire.ca - The best thing since sliced bread.

So what's the scoop, Warstar? Any new variants worth bothering about?
    Well, I caught the 3 new packs today. The Falcon's cockpit looks, in a word, HORRIBLE. At least the old ones sorta tried to look like it- this one looked bad. Just 4 lines of white on a black cap. Not sure I can call it a variant until I see more.

Otherwise, 100% for sure variation- the Droid Control Ship in Trade Federation Colors in the TRU exclusive 3-pack has NO black paint wash- it's "clean." The old one had a definite wash on it (I noticed in the old Rebelscum photo variant archive link), but the new ones do not.

I'll study the new 3-packs when I get them all from Hasbro (just ordered them).

I have an interesting topic to bring up though...time to post it.