Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Is that the TIE Pilot that won the Battle of Yavin for the Rebels?
    Yup! Apparently his name is "Mauler" Mithel. He'll have some silver dots on his helmet; I'm reasonably sure there's a version that's basically the same, but there have been so many slight variations on this mold that I can't remember right now where it came from. I'll have to check next time I'm around the collection.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm more impressed that they're doing a new Porkins. Too bad about the pricing on these, 5 Ewoks ain't worth $35, and there's a lot of recycling in the Yavin one. I may stash one of each until a sale comes up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

When basic figures are $11 at some stores, and next to impossible to find for less than $10, $35 for five Ewoks ($7/figure) is a steal.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm more impressed that they're doing a new Porkins. Too bad about the pricing on these, 5 Ewoks ain't worth $35, and there's a lot of recycling in the Yavin one. I may stash one of each until a sale comes up.
    I'm interested to see if they ended up reusing any of Willrow Hood's mold for Porkins, like they alluded to a few years ago. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but he looks a bit chunkier than the ol' ICMG.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I'm interested to see if they ended up reusing any of Willrow Hood's mold for Porkins, like they alluded to a few years ago. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but he looks a bit chunkier than the ol' ICMG.
    I just happen to have Willrow on a shelf in my lab and comparing him to the fuzzy pictures Sandtroopers got ahold of I'd say no. The legs and lower arms are certainly different. I can't see the upper arms well enough to make any conclusions. The torso, assuming the vest isn't part of the mold, could share some parts, but it's doubtful. There seems to be some minor differences in the torso, but the vest obscures it enough to not be able to say definitively.

When is this supposed to be out? Since I don't have a TRU near me, I'll need to be aware of when to look for it online, or make a drive down towards Seattle later this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    When basic figures are $11 at some stores, and next to impossible to find for less than $10, $35 for five Ewoks ($7/figure) is a steal.
    But they're half the size of regular figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Have they been consistent on anything like that lately? Not to my knowledge, all past promises and plans seem to have gone out the window lately.

Porkins should be thicker than ICMG, remember how big Hootkins was in Raiders and '89 Batman? Great in both films, but not even remotely as svelte as Willrow Hood who is barely rotund at all.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Seems to me like the Potj porkins has a bigger belly than this new one.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader View Post
    Seems to me like the Potj porkins has a bigger belly than this new one.
    I agree, that figure looks more like his shape than this, even Willrow Hood seems rounder than this figure.

Do we actually see Porkins from mid-torso down?
    Tommy, close your eyes.