Thread: Wal-Mart Wave

Wal-Mart Wave

Hello,
    Out of the 12 walmart exclusive figures, are most of them repacks? I'm debating if it's worth even picking these up.

Thanks,
    Mark

This thread pretty much covers it, but the cliffs notes version is that 6 of them are new - Aurra Sing, G8-R3, Gungan Warrior, Mawhonic, Ric Oliť, and Naboo Pilot. Aurra Sing, Gungan Warrior, Mawhonic, and Naboo Pilot will be re-released on Vintage cards later this year, though possibly without some of their accessories. The others are all repacks - Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Yoda, Destroyer Droid, and Tusken Raider. The Destroyer Droid's shield is less blue than it used to be, but otherwise it's a repack.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I saw this wave, minus the droideka and G8-R3 today. Of the new ones, I had no interest in Aurra Sing; the old one is fine, and I don't need the added elbow articulation, especially at $9. Really, folks, she just stands there and doesn't even look that cool in the movie. I couldn't bring myself to get the Naboo Pilot, either, since it's identical to Ric Olie from the neck down.

I did pick up the Gungan Warrior, Mawhonic (waited almost thirteen years for that bad boy!), and Ric. I couldn't pass on Ric, knowing that he is so incredibly bad*** that Hasbro is afraid of the effects on the space-time continuum if they release two figures of him within twelve years of one another and aren't re-releasing him. Tycho, you should smell him; he reeks of Jack Daniels and sheer bad***ery. One sniff, and you'll be knocked out for three days and wake up in a strange bed with fourteen naked women.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I heard that Ric Olie also comes with a patent leather vest, his "Old lady," and a brandy glass full of brown m&m's (or else Ozzy won't go on stage!)
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

When I saw Ric I wanted to say "Ole!" In 3-D, too! But instead, I took him from the peg, and then purchased him from a cashier's line.
    "That's what Sheev said."