Kenner Vintage Figures to Be Made for TVC Line/Updated or Put on Vintage Style Cards

The Vintage Collection 2010-

Figures that need to be resculpted and/or put on vintage style cards from the original trilogy. I may have forgotten some. I know I forgot the Ewoks . Some figures only have 1 or 2 version since the relaunch of the Star Wars action figure line in 1995. Example: Lobot had 1997 sculpt and 2004 sculpt. Lobot does needs to be updated and put on a vintage ESB card. Your thought forumites. Please respond. Thanks.

Star Wars:
    Power Droid
    Death Star Droid
    Snaggletooth
    Hammerhead

Empire Strikes Back:
    Lobot
    Bespin Security Guard (White & Black versions)
    Ugnaughts
    21B Medical Droid
    FX-7

Return of the Jedi
    Han Solo in/with Carbonite Chamber
    EV-9D9
    8D8
    General Madine
    Klaatu in Skiff Guard
    Ree-Yees
    Squid Head
    Anakin Sykwalker (mail in premium for 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi in 2013 in classic Kenner sculpt like the Rocket Firing Boba Fett from 2010) Rumored to be a possible during the Rocket Firing Boba Fett mania in 2010.
    Last edited by indyjones1981; 02-27-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Good list!

Tycho made a similar thread awhile back that had a bit of discussion in it, and it should help you tell if you forgot anything for your list.

I'm glad there were quite a few figures shown off at Toy Fair this year that have been in need of their updates, such as Nien Nunb and the correct Weequay.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yeah. I love making lists.

I think it helps my mind refocus.

I count there being 102 original vintage figures because I count "characters" that were not necessarily carded:

1. Jabba the Hutt
    2. Salacious Crumb
    3. Max Rebo
    4. Droopy McCool
    5. Sy Snootles
    6. Blue Snaggletoothe
    7. C-3PO either original or Removeable Limbs - only one is displayed on the "collect all 95!" cardback.

But somewhere in my list I was missing 1 lousy figure because I had 101. But the above are always counted and I do not bother with unintentional variations like big and small heads, or smiling and not smiling.

But 6 of these 7 were never carded in the 80's, but rather boxed.

Still, I'm not betting on seeing characters like "Rancor Keeper" (Malakali) carded. I hope we at least get Sim Aloo - the original Imperial Dignitary.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah, when it comes to the Rancor Keeper, I can't imagine him getting another retail release. I really want them to start a program to offer figures like that, which are already up to the Vintage-quality sculpting, rereleased on Vintage cardbacks through a mail-in offer. Or, HasbroToyShop exclusives.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Here's a new list:

80's vintage figures that are not likely to sell on a new retro-vintage release run:

Rancor Keeper
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Here's a new list:

80's vintage figures that are not likely to sell on a new retro-vintage release run:

Rancor Keeper
    Add EV-9D9 & 8D8 to that list.

On the other hand, I would love to see re-tooled Ugnaughts on the vintage card, as well as Power Droid & Death Star Droid.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"