Sideshow's 442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper

Another clone joins the ever-expanding ranks of Sideshow's Militaries of Star Wars Collection.

The detailing coming out of production these days is getting even more nuanced and varied. While at a quick glance, this trooper appears to be a simple re-work of the 212th (orange) Trooper that introduced us to Sideshow's line of Phase II clones, this soldier's deco is a huge step up from that early effort. From scuffs to shadowing, the paint apps are just getting better with each new release. It bodes well for the forthcoming Bacara and the highly anticipated Boba Fett to see this kind of great detailing.

This trooper comes with all of the standard issue gear, the alternate hands, the "running" feet, the two blasters...all rendered well. No exclusive themed stand was offered with this entry...seems like Sideshow is just choosing to offer that perk with the Commanders (and Boba Fett).

This clone's base body is a good bounce-back from the weak-jointed, flimsy-limbed Phase I Commander I got prior to this. Very glad that that must've been an aberration for me....

It's looking like clones might be slowing down a bit on the release schedule, with Bacara being slated for May and no new announcements for more as of yet....that's fine. These troopers are pretty well-represented in the collection at this point.

Here are some shots of this Siege Trooper....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	442ND-SIEGE-TROOPER-01.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	25984 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	442ND-SIEGE-TROOPER-03.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	25985

....and here are a couple new shots of this fine trooper...

Name:	2012-06-24 16.11.33.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	26323

Name:	2012-06-24 16.07.12.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	26324

Nice, great shots!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.