Thread: Hunger Games

Hunger Games

Any of you who read the YA series looking forward to this flick? I saw the soundtrack's due out the Tue. before the film's out on 3/23, and I plan to see it sometime. Not the openign day, as I won't be in town.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

... aaaaaaaaaand I finally saw it. Apparently, no one else here at SSG did. Very good, pretty true to the book, quite emotional (and well acted). Interesting to see the other two films and how they fit the book's storylines.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I have not seen it yet, waiting for the blu-ray.
    May the force be with you.

My daughter wants to see this, but I've heard its pretty violent so I'm hoping to maybe view it first before I decide on taking her.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    My daughter wants to see this, but I've heard its pretty violent so I'm hoping to maybe view it first before I decide on taking her.
    Yeah, it's pretty graphic, once the arena scenes begin. But then again, so's the book. It's a good idea to see it first (if you can still find it in theaters, as it's been out about 2 months) before taking anyone under 14, IMO. The Blu-Ray extras I'm sure will be awesome (I figure it'll be out in time for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year).

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty graphic, once the arena scenes begin. But then again, so's the book. It's a good idea to see it first (if you can still find it in theaters, as it's been out about 2 months) before taking anyone under 14, IMO. The Blu-Ray extras I'm sure will be awesome (I figure it'll be out in time for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year).
    Out in time for Thanksgiving, wouldn't that be ironic.
    May the force be with you.