Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teebo=POODOO!

Unhappy Teebo=POODOO!

I just got my Teebo Wave today and although I am mostly satisfied, I would like to state my dissatisfactions.
    I'll start with Teebo. It is a nice sculpt and likeness, except a few things. The paint (namely the white stripes) are barely visible. Also, the hood is poorly done. There are no tusks on the dead animal, and there is very little paint on the animal. It looks like the prototype. It is just barf colored plastic.

Secondly, R4-M9. This is the best of them. The paint isn't too bad and the sculpt is nice. The third leg (in the middle) however is crooked on mine. It is a permant position pointing to the right, like R4 is going in circles.

Lastly, BoShek. Very nice sculpt, neutral mostly and the face is almost perfect. BUT, as stated in another post, the paint is sloppy with this little sucker. The white is not just on the straps, its in little random places.

All of them, mostly BoShek, are bendy. The rubber is soft and odd. BoShek's weapon is made of Elmer's glue, and Teebo's is made from cement. They are nicely sculpted but for the most part, poorly painted. If this was Hasbro's report card I would give them a "C." I think that maybe Hasbro is going a little too fast. This is the first time (I think) that we have gotten new SW figs, monthly. I think they are confusing quantity with quality. Now, perhaps it is because they were rushed with the Episode II stuff and all, but if they are going to do something, do it right!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I do think you're right about rushing figures out, which explains the massive variation in quality. I also notice that while the first Ep1 figures were dated 1998, the first AOTC figures are dated 2002. Which might mean that Hasbro ran into trouble somewhere and we're seeing the results of it.

They really could have omitted some figures and released the BoShek wave at the end of last year, because it's getting too late to be shipping non-AOTC merchandise in large amounts. But maybe if we're lucky, some stores will hold the BoShek wave and peg it in the fall.

I won't be ordering the BoShek wave online, and I guess I'm a little disappointed about that, when we could have had these unique figures earlier, and maybe Hasbro could have had the Jedi Training and Sith Apprentice figures be the last wave, stuff that really shouldn't have been a priority in the first place...
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    I won't be ordering the BoShek wave online, and I guess I'm a little disappointed about that, when we could have had these unique figures earlier, and maybe Hasbro could have had the Jedi Training and Sith Apprentice figures be the last wave, stuff that really shouldn't have been a priority in the first place...
    Why don't you want to order the BoShek wave on-line Lord Tenebrous? Just for your info, http://www.federationtoys.com/ has them for 6.50 a piece, plus shipping. A pretty good deal, almost equal with what you could find them in stores. I definatly wouldn't pay as much as some places are charging.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Teebo is an awesome figure but has anyone else noticed that this Teebo is not the same as the vintage one? This Teebo has a hood under the animal head, and appeared that way only at the final battle between the Ewoks and the Imperials in ROTJ. The vintage Teebo only had the animal head and he appeared like that (without the hood) for most of his time onscreen (when they captured Luke, Han, Chewie and the droids, and later on in the village) You can clearly see this when Teebo cuts Artoo loose. The vintage one even came with that axe he uses. The POTJ Teebo comes with the spear he used in the battle.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Originally posted by PloKoon2385
    Secondly, R4-M9. This is the best of them. The paint isn't too bad and the sculpt is nice. The third leg (in the middle) however is crooked on mine. It is a permant position pointing to the right, like R4 is going in circles.
    Hmmm. That's interesting...

"Hey R4. How's it hanging?"

"A little to the right today."
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Also...... Teebo's hood isn't removeable like Wicket and Logray's. Dissapointing...
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I'm still looking for this wave. Hopefully it won't be too much longer till I fin it. I would like to get these figures before the AOTC figures come out.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Originally posted by PloKoon2385
    Also...... Teebo's hood isn't removeable like Wicket and Logray's. Dissapointing...
    Actually, Teebo's hood will come off. It's molded to fit very snugly around his face, so getting it over his head requires some tenacity.

It's true, I saw last night at my JediOKC meeting, Teebo went aroud with no hood for awhile.

As for the figures, I like them all, they each have small problems though, but easy to look past. Teebo's hood really could have used some paint...but..eh, I won't lose sleep.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Originally posted by Starfig873
    As for the figures, I like them all, they each have small problems though, but easy to look past. Teebo's hood really could have used some paint...but..eh, I won't lose sleep.
    Me too. This is my favorite POTJ wve in a long time. I can honestly say that Bo Shek is in my top 5 favorite list. And R4-M9 is a really great looking doird IMO.

The only one I didn't open was Teebo. He looks good to me, but I just don't have much use for any of the Ewok figures, so they stay carded.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?