Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

But in the film, none of the joints are like that, they're all hinges except the 3 "hips", and the spine. I think the problem is that hasbro hasn't put the bendable spine on a figure with the other joints and a joint in the "head", which is what it'd take to get a transforming Droideka (along with 2 more hinges in the "chest" that they've only done on the Mega Action Figure that was 7" tall).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was thinking it could be more compact with the ball-hing joints when folded up.

With Slave Leia already out there, the one figure who, for some strange reason, never made it into the original vintage line:

Grand Moff Tarkin!

Along with him, ANH Owen and Beru Lars are also must-haves.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac View Post
    With Slave Leia already out there, the one figure who, for some strange reason, never made it into the original vintage line:

Grand Moff Tarkin!

Along with him, ANH Owen and Beru Lars are also must-haves.
    Yeah, Tarkin, I forgot about him, that figure looked really good except for the overly green uniform. I was on the edge of being thrilled about getting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    I was thinking it could be more compact with the ball-hing joints when folded up.
    I don't think they actually need to make it more compact, the arms already have tons of free bending, it's just the piston that is a problem on the arms. The spine needs to be able to bend farther, that's one of the main problems, and the rear leg needs to be able to fold forward as far as it can go - I don't think they've done that joint in a way that will do that, it always has gone the other way. Finally, there is 1 joint I forgot they've never done, they've never hinged the back plates, but that's a stupidly-simple friction-bump hinge IMO. I think they just need to get the head to bend at the "neck" and the "spine" correctly, decide how to get the arm piston to either do something or fold away (they can't just keep discarding it from the design, that bugs the crap out of me), and everything else is doable using existing technology.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    What about the existing ones doesn't do it for you?
    Nothing, really - there have been a few really good Dooku figures. I was just referring to the Vintage cardback, is all. They could re-release either the Evolutions one or the Geonosis Arena Showdown version (same figure, different head) and I'd get it to keep carded, though I wouldn't hate one more crack at a newer headsculpt to entice loose-only collectors in the way that the TVC repacks currently aren't (and throw in a more to-scale Death Star hologram while you're at it, I guess). Since now that they're doing Jar Jar (and have found space for shoulda-been-in-Vintage OT figures like Tarkin, Slave Leia, and Tantive IV Trooper), Dooku is the only figure that I really feel like they should absolutely include in the Vintage line that they somehow haven't yet.

There are still several figures that would get me jumpin' for joy - the recently revealed Corpsey and Kneesaa are proof of that. I was just keeping this thread for Vintage-only entries.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Nothing, really - there have been a few really good Dooku figures. I was just referring to the Vintage cardback, is all. They could re-release either the Evolutions one or the Geonosis Arena Showdown version (same figure, different head) and I'd get it to keep carded, though I wouldn't hate one more crack at a newer headsculpt to entice loose-only collectors in the way that the TVC repacks currently aren't (and throw in a more to-scale Death Star hologram while you're at it, I guess). Since now that they're doing Jar Jar (and have found space for shoulda-been-in-Vintage OT figures like Tarkin, Slave Leia, and Tantive IV Trooper), Dooku is the only figure that I really feel like they should absolutely include in the Vintage line that they somehow haven't yet.
    Oh, I see, you're on the cardback aspect, ok. I was thinking more the actual figure aspect, which is why I didn't get it.

There are still several figures that would get me jumpin' for joy - the recently revealed Corpsey and Kneesaa are proof of that. I was just keeping this thread for Vintage-only entries.
    Corpsey makes you jump for joy? I mean, it's an interesting choice, but at the end of the day he's just another Ewok, it's not like they're going to sculpt him slumped over with a hole in him. That'd be so awesome.

Don't take the "vintage" part too seriously I guess, I only referred to it because this is the definitive "realistic" line right now. You can use it as much or as little as a guideline as you see fit.

Packaging aside, I'm mostly at the "obscure" point. I want some EU characters from 1978 up through about 2007. Corran Horn in Jedi robes (not an X-Wing Luke re-release with a new head) is probably top of my list.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Your list is predictable, BB.
    Yeah, I've been actively campaigning for Skiff Guards for going on 10 years now. In fact, it all started right here on this very forums back on September 1st, 2002 with this thread:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...k-to-do-Hasbro

So, to see Hasbro finally paying some serious attention to my all-time favorite subgroup of Star Wars characters makes this a really exciting time for me.

In terms of vehicles, I would love to see a new A-Wing and an all-new, correctly-scaled Tatooine Skiff packaged in vintage-style ROTJ boxes.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Packaging aside, I'm mostly at the "obscure" point. I want some EU characters from 1978 up through about 2007. Corran Horn in Jedi robes (not an X-Wing Luke re-release with a new head) is probably top of my list.
    Are those obscure characters exciting prospects for you? I think I remember you being miffed with the wrong Mara Jade and Corran Horn shown in the Hasbro voting pics, that kind of passion can translate to excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Yeah, I've been actively campaigning for Skiff Guards for going on 10 years now. In fact, it all started right here on this very forums back on September 1st, 2002 with this thread:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...k-to-do-Hasbro

So, to see Hasbro finally paying some serious attention to my all-time favorite subgroup of Star Wars characters makes this a really exciting time for me.

In terms of vehicles, I would love to see a new A-Wing and an all-new, correctly-scaled Tatooine Skiff packaged in vintage-style ROTJ boxes.
    I didn't say there's anything WRONG with you being predictable. That's funny that your whole movement started with that one post, cool find!

Vehicles are another matter for me altogether, they largely keep me going these days when I'm not that excited about new figures. A new A-wing would be nice, I'd like to see a Class 2 X-wing (I'd love to see one with sounds, even if it's just subtle retooling to the existing '77 X-wing like rotating the cannons the correct way and getting a real droid socket going). A new Skiff that wasn't so rickety would be nice. Some more landspeeders and airspeeders would be cool (ot and pt). A nicer OT Y-wing is probably asking too much.