Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Well, my Vintage line collecting has stayed pretty focused to only collecting those that have actual vintage origins and so I'm pretty excited for any upcoming figure that further completes the count for those. However, there are non-vintage line characters that I've been dabbling in since they've been too good to pass up, and in that regard I'm really looking forward to Tarkin and Dr. Evazan. Especially Tarkin since I find it amusing. I KNEW they were full of it back in '06 when they said the ROTS Tarkin would be the last new Tarkin ever. ...I just had to wait 6 years to be proven right...

The only original-vintage figure that's getting a new release on vintage cardback that I'm a bit iffy on is the Emperor's Royal Guard. It looks great and all, but I feel it's ridiculous that they continue to fail to give him a hand to properly hold the pike. Just include a hand with a cupped grasp and call it a day! The POTF2 version was the last one that could hold the pike in anything resembling a natural pose. On the opposite side, though, I am most looking forward to Weequay since he was one of my favorite figures back in his debut year and I've been waiting for a new version of him for a long time.

As for what I feel is left to be made... well, I want any figure that was originally released on a cardback in the vintage line, including new versions of both black AND white Bespin Guards with their own unique cardbacks. Though, of those, the one I would be most excited for is Han in Carbonite. There's been some very cool reveals in the replica community with details of the Carbonite block in the past couple of years and I would like to see Hasbro make one that's as accurate as possible. I think they could do a very good job with it if they do their homework.

As for non-vintage originals, well I would really, really, really like to see a new Dash Rendar as well as Leebo and Guri finally made as figures. But, most of all, figures from Dark Forces/Dark Forces 2. I swear I could retire from collecting if they made the DF2 Dark Jedi characters and 8t88.

'Course, it would be my luck that they would make a whole wave of just Dark Forces figures, but it would be the last of the vintage line and they'd all become exclusive to ebay. I still have yet to get the phase 1 or phase 3 versions of the Dark Trooper. -_-
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Where did they say they weren't doing Tarkin in '06? I checked Q&A archives but couldn't find anything like that.

The Royal Guard has an odd requirement to hold the pike in the movie, it's vertical against his shoulder in a rather unusual way: http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...cePike-BTM.jpg
    http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...Guard_EpII.jpg
    I'd personally like to see a figure that can do that, but it'd require a separate forearm or it'd look really bizarre when not holding the pike, like he's throwing gang signs.

A new Dash, Leebo, and Guri are so unlikely that I forgot how exciting they'd be if they came out. They're definitely on my list, good call! Heh heh, you are so right about what would happen with those Dark Forces figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Honestly, with the exception of Callista Ming, any 1978-1999 EU character who's never been done before would excite, if done properly. Just no more Republic Commandos, KOTOR, or Legacy crud.

Heck, I could get excited about frickin' Senior Anthropologist Hoole and those two brats, the "good" EU well seems to have run so dry lately.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Where did they say they weren't doing Tarkin in '06? I checked Q&A archives but couldn't find anything like that.
    I want to say it was brought up at SDCC or Toy Fair. I honestly can't remember where it was said, but I'm absolutely certain they said that because I remember reading discussions about it. Although, I thought ROTS Tarkin came out in '06, didn't realize he was released in '05. It might have even been when that Imperial Officers boxset came out that had an OT Tarkin using the ROTS head.

The Royal Guard has an odd requirement to hold the pike in the movie, it's vertical against his shoulder in a rather unusual way: http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...cePike-BTM.jpg
    http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...Guard_EpII.jpg
    I'd personally like to see a figure that can do that, but it'd require a separate forearm or it'd look really bizarre when not holding the pike, like he's throwing gang signs.
    Well, then they could always just include a alternate forearm, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility given what they did for Ponda Baba.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Hoole, from Illustrated SW Universe? Taking it as extreme as it gets!

'06 Comic-Con would be the year before I went, I have a few quick notes that Steve sent me from the Hasbro panel, including Marvel Tarkin but no mention of it being the last Tarkin ever. I'd love to see the exact quote tho', any idea if any of the sites published it?

Unfortunately, Hasbro has gotten really gun-shy about alternate body parts, which sucks since there's a lot of custom poses that can't be had even with the most super-articulated figures.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No luck so far after some googling. I'm really, really... kind of... certain I didn't just dream it. I'll keep looking and post it if I find it.

I checked every source I could think of and while there were 2 Tarkins mentioned at that Comic-Con panel, I could not find anything that said they were not going to do another one later.

The only Q&A answer I could find that could be in any way construed as being what you're going for is this one we got November 3rd:

Q:
    In a recent Q&A you stated it's important that Cantina patrons have bendable knees because many were sitting. With that said, why don't the figures in Death Star Briefing pack have bendable knees? If I remember correctly these guys were all sitting down, besides Vader and maybe Tarkin.
    A:
    The difference there is that we have produced the Cantina bar elements and we needed to be consistent with that. For the Briefing set, we went largely with character tools we had available to us at the time we created it. We thought it was more important to go for this set this year because we might not have had a window to do it down the road.

Alternately, there were answers about Jerjerrod and other officers that said they weren't going to be updated, is it possible you mistook them for Tarkin?

Hoole is indeed the guy who "wrote" one article (and its very pompous introduction) in that book. He was also the star (with two human orphans who called him "Uncle Hoole," IIRC) of the Galaxy of Fear series. I think he supposedly "wrote" the Essential Guide to Creatures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They expanded Hoole from that first chapter of the Illustrated SW Universe to a whole series of fiction stories and an Essential Guide? That's a heck of a thing.

They expanded Hoole from that first chapter of the Illustrated SW Universe to a whole series of fiction stories and an Essential Guide? That's a heck of a thing.
    I think the Galaxy of Fear YA book series came first. I know the creatures guide was after both. And, as a shape-shifting Shi-ido, he could be anywhere!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(