Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I think the Galaxy of Fear YA book series came first. I know the creatures guide was after both. And, as a shape-shifting Shi-ido, he could be anywhere!
    Wookieepedia sides with JT on this one, and thus I do as well. I never read the Galaxy of Fear books and I tend to forget about them quite easily. Wait, what was I talking about again?

They could put Hoole in a set of in-universe author figures, but any pack where Ebenn Q3 Baobab is the main selling point has to be pretty crappy.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Are there plans to make a Vintage collection Chewbacca figure?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I think the Galaxy of Fear YA book series came first. I know the creatures guide was after both. And, as a shape-shifting Shi-ido, he could be anywhere!
    Nope, Hoole first appeared in Illustrated SW universe, I remember it clearly because the only EU at the time was the Zahn trilogy, then Illustrated SW universe was the opening of the EU floodgates coming off that Zahn trilogy, everything kinda funneled out from the Zahn trilogy and through Illustrated SW Universe and then Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels was the harbinger of the first real strong wave after that of novels. There was a very small amount before ISWU but it was really just Thrawn stuff that resonated, then ISWU, everything else was treading water at that time, then around ISWU we got Young Jedi Knights and then from there we got EGtVV and Rogue Squadron books and then Galaxy of Fear and SOTE. At that time, I was super broke so I was getting the books from the library, and ISWU blew my mind by telling compelling stories using fantastic concept art, while the Zahn trilogy was able to break through SW's future without losing its foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Are there plans to make a Vintage collection Chewbacca figure?
    Huh, now that you mention it, I can't think of one. I'm not sure what they could do to make a new Chewbacca figure exciting for me, we have ROTJ and ANH Chewie using the Vintage level of quality and on vintage card already (well, the ROTJ one anyway, the ANH one was in the Early Bird set which has even more vintage cred in my eyes). What would do it for you with a TVC Chewbacca? Just having it on card again, or would it need an update, or would it be having the ANH figure on single card be what you're looking for?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Huh, now that you mention it, I can't think of one. I'm not sure what they could do to make a new Chewbacca figure exciting for me, we have ROTJ and ANH Chewie using the Vintage level of quality and on vintage card already (well, the ROTJ one anyway, the ANH one was in the Early Bird set which has even more vintage cred in my eyes). What would do it for you with a TVC Chewbacca? Just having it on card again, or would it need an update, or would it be having the ANH figure on single card be what you're looking for?
    I am pretty happy with the versions of him that I own, including the CW version. I asked about Chewie because most of the main characters have been done, or are planning to be done, but I have not heard anything about releasing him in the series. My question was mainly out of curiosity.

Of course, if they did some type of new Vintage-style Chewie on a new card (and I liked the card art) I would probably consider getting one. If they threw in the net with the dissassembled 3PO I definately would get it.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

That's interesting - even though they had Chewie in the 2004 VOTC line-up, he hasn't been in the newest incarnation. I guess people are supposed to be satisfied with the 2002 one in the Rebel Heroes battle pack. Even though we have 97 Hoth versions, I really like the iconic image of him looking at the camera, and would definitely buy that to keep carded if they put it in Vintage.

Speaking of disassembled C-3PO, I really want to see a much more accurate version who doesn't just separate cleanly at the limbs, and has a blast mark on his chest. I really want one that can do the "delusions of grandeur" pose (though I'm not sure how he's supposed to be holding his leg in the film, but whatever), and that would be another fantastic image for a Vintage card.

I keep editing this post when I get new ideas.

As for other card images, I'd like to see the ROTJ Vader card art reused for the new line. But what I REALLY want is a ROTJ Vader whose hand splits off at the proper point, to have the unmasking scene be accurate (as no figure has properly done since the 1998 version). To pair the figure and the image would be ideal, though an unmasked Vader image could be cool too.

Boba Fett has been covered in a ton of different versions, though (at least) two remain - the ANH SE version (which isn't THAT different, but isn't the same as either ESB or ROTJ) and the version depicted on the Vintage card. I mean the paint scheme from those test shoots, where one gauntlet is red and one is yellow, and he has the circles on his gloves. I'd especially like that one, as it's sort of how the vintage version was painted, and now that we have the all-white Fett, well, why not.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I also wouldn't mind seeing a non-gimmicky R2-D2 on a Star Wars card. No pop out panels, no periscopes or electronic sounds; just a basic R2 with a retractable third leg on a card with his original 1978 card photo.

While they are at it, they can repack the 2010 3PO on a Star Wars card as well.

As for Chewie, I'd like to see the VOTC one get rereleased, as is, on a ROTJ card with the second photo (which was actually from ROTJ). If they were to do a Star Wars version, they could use the VOTC body, but I'd want an entirely new headsculpt (I've never been a big fan of the Early Bird Chewie sculpt).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

There are a few already announced, such as Evazan, Kithaba, vintage Nikto, and Lumat that I am excited about. But setting aside those that are already confirmed, and recognizing that I will always be excited about any cantina, Jabba's Palace, or skiff/Sail Barge release, these are the figures that would REALLY get me excited:

1. Tonnikas (good luck!)
    2. Ranat
    3. Shasa Tiel, Jabba's Palace Ishi Tibb
    4. Taym Dren-Garen (Come on, he SHOT Luke!)
    5. Sgt. Doallyn
    6. Sim Aloo
    7.-10. Cliegg Lars, Kister, Wald, a proper sculpt of the Emperor when announcing the formation of the Empire
    (There are so few prequel figures I want.)
    11. Uncle Owen, a New Hope resculpt
    12. Sy Snootles based on the puppet, not the Special Edition (good luck!)
    13. The Lars Farm Power droid
    14. White Bespin Guard with mustache liked the vintage figure

It has been an extremely good run. That is Hasbro's problem right now I think and it is a compliment to them, not something they did wrong. We have almost everything.

I do agree they sure could do a better ESB Lando with removable cape, but I can't say I'd be excited about it.

Setting aside the cantina and Jabba's Palace, which could still be mined, there is less than 10 that could get me excited. As I said: Sim Aloo, Cliegg, Kitster, Wald, the Emperor, Owen, Snootles, Power droid, and Bespin Guard. And we've had 2 other dignitaries, other Emperors, other Owens, a Snootles, a power droid, and three other Bespin Guards. It's like Cliegg, Kitster, and Wald are alone as REALLY not having been done in any form, and I'll only ever be about 50% as excited about a prequel release as something I want from the original trilogy. And I skip all EU, including Clone Wars.

There are others I'd buy, and when there is product on the shelves, I still make purchases, but if a diehard like me can only specifically list 14 figures other than those already announced that he'd get excited about, that makes thing hard for Hasbro. And none my 14 are "main characters". The only ones I listed with dialogue are Kitster, Wald, Cliegg, and the Emperor. There are no characters left from the Original Trilogy with dialogue that I would be excited buying a figure of! If others are even less excited then me, that is a marketing challenge for Hasbro.

The last Lando is too short, I hadn't realized that for a while because I always thought Billy Dee was shorter than 6', but he's not. So the figure has uninspiring arm articulation, is too short, has a permanent cape, and a sculpted collar. Considering how important he is to that story, I would definitely be interested in a better figure. I can understand though not being terribly excited, there's something snorey about Lando figure releases.

The Tonnikas would be on my list if they weren't so unlikely.

Sy Snootles puppet version, good call! That's a figure very few non-hardcore collectors would get excited about, but I know many folks who would.

So what happens from here for Hasbro then? Do we just limp to the finish line? Do mainline figures get mixed back into the Movie Heroes line to carry their releases longer? Do we admit we have to keep buying new sculpts and accept non-exciting figures both main and secondary?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Sy Snootles puppet version, good call! That's a figure very few non-hardcore collectors would get excited about, but I know many folks who would.
    Next thing you'll want is pre-CGI replaced/deleted scene "fur coat human" Jabba the Hutt from ANH.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Next thing you'll want is pre-CGI replaced/deleted scene "fur coat human" Jabba the Hutt from ANH.
    I would buy that without hesitation. I would be happy to put him in both my cantina and Jabba's Palace dioramas.