George Lucas says there will 'never' be a new 'Star Wars'

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I'll never understand why people keep bringing this topic up to him. Were they honestly surprised by him giving the same answer he's been giving for years - which has NOTHING to do with Red Tails, or anything else?

Why is this a story? We've know for years their won't be a episodes 7 , 8 and 9. And I don't like TMZ either. Just leave GL alone.

If you read the Making of ANH and ESB, you'll see it's clear that children of the OT were told in no uncertain terms that there would be 9 and even 12 movies in the saga, so they have an expectation and a not-so-new hope. I've never been among them even when I was a kid, but learning how much money Lucas put into ESB as a foundation for a much greater series of movies - the cost of the ESB Falcon exterior was much higher than it'd have to be because they designed it to be broken down and stored so they could pull it out and put it in movie after movie, only to have it not appear but for a moment in ROTJ - makes me wonder if Lucas simply ran out of ideas once the original Star Wars was complete (the OT is really just ANH's full story that he wrote too long for a single film).

I was always under the impression there were 9 movies. I vaguely remember a commercial for Entertainment Tonight in the 80's that showed a scene where Luke was thrown into an oven.

A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, The Clone Wars, Caravan of Courage, and The Battle for Endor. Yep, 9 films total.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, The Clone Wars, Caravan of Courage, and The Battle for Endor. Yep, 9 films total.
    Loosely defining "movies" with those last 2, unless you're German. Gonna count the LEGO SW blu-ray movie too?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It just so happens that I am half German. I wasn't planning on counting LEGO SW. I only counted the side story theatrical/television movies that could be considered in continuity with the main 6 "trilogy" movies' universe.

UNLESS YOU ARE FROM GERMANY

Happy?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.