Hybrid View

"Discover The Force" - Error? Incomplete? Prototype? Unreleased?

I found this Aurra Sing (Discover The Force) card hiding about 10 deep on a peg this past Friday at my local WM in So Cal. The bottom of the card (where the card meets the bubble) is compromised. The 3D glasses which are missing, look as if the were removed with the help of a utility knife. There is also some foul play on that side regarding the card and bubble. They are intact but it looks as if an adhesive may have been used to bond them back together. The two other sides of the bubble are un-tampered and intact.

Although some original accessories are included, this item is missing:
    Game Die
    Game Card
    Display Base

Also missing are her (2) Blasters. In each of their place is what looks to be a 3/4" piece of white rubber. The clear tape and bubble in which they rest in do not appear compromised.

I have not opened this item...yet.

Upon further look from the underside that has the broken seam, The bottom on this figure's right foot reads, "Hasbro China" / left foot, "1999 LFL"

Obviously, this is not an Aurra Sing figure. I am not sure what to think of this find either. I would like help identifying which figure this actually is as well as inquire with some of the more experienced collectors as to why there are some anomalies surrounding this item. Is it unpainted? Is it a prototype? Is it a hoax? Is it a factory error?

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	26041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	26042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	26043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-4.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	26044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-5.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	26045Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-6.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	26046Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-7.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	26047

Someone bought the figure, swapped it out with this and then returned it. No mystery.

The figure is familiar looking, but I can't quite place it. But yeah, someone trying to rip the stores off.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The body belongs to one of the Outlander Club patrons. Can't recall her name. Not sure about the head--maybe it's the head from that figure with the head-tails cut off.

I swear, some people go to more expense swapping figures out than the new figures would actually cost.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks Chux! Yeah, it's Ayy Vida from the Outlander Club.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Epis.../dp/B0000AWFKX

The head looks like it may be from another character though. Since the collar doesn't match Ayy's.

But the body is certainly a match. And yeah, people suck. But that's no surprise.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    The head looks like it may be from another character though. Since the collar doesn't match Ayy's.
    The final figure actually differs from that prototype seen in your link in that it does have the collar. So it looks like this person popped off the lekku/headdress piece.

Swappers can seriously suck it.

On a similar note, someone returned a 2007 Sith Infiltrator and a 2008 V-19 Torrent Starfighter to a Walmart recently in their original boxes. When I first saw them, I was annoyed. But then I realized that, wait - since Hasbro re-released these vehicles this year, the only difference between what this guy did and what Hasbro did is the packaging. Maybe Hasbro should just put better products out and people wouldn't be tempted to do that kind of thing.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I used to say they should release fewer of the "Buy ten figures you already have, get a totally new one free!" sets they're so fond of, but the pictures of swaps I've seen lately have been single figures. Maybe it's because of the much higher MSRP of resculpted figures?
    Tommy, close your eyes.