Sideshow Tusken Raider Sixth Scale Figure Photo Gallery and Pre-Order Info

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Wow, that exclusive was not what I was expecting, I really have to wonder how deep into the archives they had to dig to get at that. The Ep 1 alternate head would have been a much better idea IMO.

The figure looks really good, but I am not seeing where that $135 pricetag is coming from, This is a basic body with no more a unique hands and head than any other figure, no armor, few accessories, and it doesn't appear to use any exotic materials. While I'm sure cut & sew and paint are quite good, I am not seeing anything on this figure so stand-out that it justifies that pricetag. The inner outfit seems no more complex than any Jedi figure, the outer robe the same although the unique material might justify like $5 in my mind.

Well...not defending Sideshow here, but we're a long way from those days of Jedi figures coming in at way less than a hundred bucks. Heck, last year's Figrin Dan figure was $99. and it's outfit was pretty basic, a tailored shirt, trousers and molded plastic boots.

$135 is up there for this, but as you mention, the cut and sew look good and the use of fabric and molded materials looks pretty well done (the headpiece treatment looks very well detailed). We're talking lots of layers that could give some great display options.

Yeah, it's a little steep for this, but if it's rendered on the same level as this prototype, I think it'll be an awesome looking figure...a truly iconic visual representative from the original SW....the more I look at the gallery of shots at Sideshow's site, the more I'm really looking forward to it...

So the plan is just to keep raising the price every year to the highest possible level? I don't think it's working, the Sideshow-exclusive Tusken is 3 weeks out and still available for preorder. That's a downward spiral business model - raise the price, more people walk away, they make the item more limited which means less sales so less profits, so they raise the price, lather rinse repeat.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.