Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My roommate's father is a vendor and he and I often go out there to help out. I have heard of a toy show sometime before the end of March. Again this is just what I heard.
    If it is indeed in March, it has to be the 23rd or the 30th.
    My roommate is going to go out there Saturday and he is going to try to find out when it is.
    When I find out I'll post it right here for you.
    If you go perhaps we can meet up too.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Aaah, the memories. Was reading and I decided I'd chime in. I used to live in Fayetteville like a year ago. My mom used to work in Dunn. I've visited the Wal-Mart there to it seems, but not for Star Wars. Fayetteville always had those good figures in but there were too many military who were snatching them up. Seemed they all liked Star Wars. I was also in Raleigh two weekends ago. Go there all the time. Have friends at State. Well, going back to the present with the life I now have at ECU Univ. in Greenville, the place Hasbro forgot. Any of you go to the Fayetteville Civic Center for Toy Shows? They were great.

I never went to any toy shows in Fayetteville, but I have been to the Heroes Convention in Charlotte. They have it every year in June at the Convention Center, just down the road from Ericcson Stadium. I went last in 99 right after TPM came out. Lots and lots of EP1 stuff that year. Saw David Prowse and got his autograph. I am hoping to go back maybe this year or next year if possible.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Heroes Convention? David Prowse? Sounds awesome. Drop me an email when the next one comes up. What kinda stuff goes down in NC? I haven't heard of much. Must not be listening.

The Heroes Convention is pretty much the biggest SW attraction NC has. It is every year in June (around Father's Day). It is held in Charlotte at the Convention Center in the downtown district.
    The only other real shows are the various toy and hobby shows that happen at the fairgrounds here in Raleigh.

I just returned from the Wally World in Monroe NC, they had tons of the previews. I picked up all 4, and I must say, I'm not as impressed as I though I would be. Although, I am happy I have them. :happy:
    My finger you will pull..hmmm?

Congrats on your find, echo 7. I havent been so lucky.
    I have been all over the area trying to find the Jedi Starfighter this weekend. I have even been to Virginia looking for it and have not seen it yet.
    Hopefully this week they will start showing up.

Went to Toys R Us Greenville and found the ATST/Paploo on Speeder Bike majiggy. Looked pretty cool but didn't. Already have the AT-ST and three speeder bikes already. Only would buy it for Paploo, the kick @$$ ewok with an attitude. A friend told me he found the Jedi Starfighter. I got real excited and after breathlessly asking where he found it he told me Blockbuster Video. It seemed he was talking about the video game. Geez! Well, continueing my search. The TRU guy said they got a huge shipment in and to call them between now and Wed. and they should have it in.

Yeah I plan on going back sometime later in the week, around Wednesday or so.
    Hopefully I will have the Starfighter by the weekend.
    Happy hunting to everyone!!

Another run today. No preview figures. No Teebo Wave. No Jedi Starfighter. However, I did find the Obi-Wan/Vader 25th Two-Pack. I had seen it once before, but refrained. Then I wanted it and couldn't find it. Today I snatched it with a quickness and am quite pleased with it. Anyway, the search continues for the rest of this week. I refuse to buy off of Ebay.