Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Wave 4

There's a new acting system to challenge the method acting school: arithmetic acting. It's motto? "Getting it right, one centimeter at a time" (see, I avoided the lamer "well, it's a stretch" line).

I was wary of getting AS because of previous figures (most look poorly if their shoulders are bare, with jointed arms), maybe not so this time around.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Cool beans! Kinda surprised you don't have a placeholder for Han, Weequay, or Vedain on your skiff though.
    I don't like to use placeholder figures, because it makes it feel somewhat anticlimactic when you finally get the figure that the place is being held for. If I don't think any existing figures are worthy to fill a specific spot, then I'd rather just leave it empty than put a substandard figure in its place.

Anyways, I found this wave at Walmart today, but had the same issues with them not ringing up at the register. I picked up another Kithaba, Gamorrean Guard and Nom Anor (for trading fodder). They also had Dr. Evazan, Bespin Han, Bom Vimdin, and the Rebel Fleet Trooper; but no sign of Aayla or the 501st Clone.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    How did they get a woman who's 5'8" to play a character that's 5'10"?

Really. The unprofessional lack of attention to detail in Hollywood p***es me off.

I guess it'd be the same casting director who thought 6' 2" Hayden Christensen could pass for 6' 6" David Prowse.

You can be such a child sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    There's a new acting system to challenge the method acting school: arithmetic acting. It's motto? "Getting it right, one centimeter at a time" (see, I avoided the lamer "well, it's a stretch" line).
    And then you didn't avoid it. Shame on that pun!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I don't like to use placeholder figures, because it makes it feel somewhat anticlimactic when you finally get the figure that the place is being held for. If I don't think any existing figures are worthy to fill a specific spot, then I'd rather just leave it empty than put a substandard figure in its place.

Anyways, I found this wave at Walmart today, but had the same issues with them not ringing up at the register. I picked up another Kithaba, Gamorrean Guard and Nom Anor (for trading fodder). They also had Dr. Evazan, Bespin Han, Bom Vimdin, and the Rebel Fleet Trooper; but no sign of Aayla or the 501st Clone.
    I guess that makes sense, although your poor skiff has waited a decade just to get where it is.

Ugh, friggin' Walmart. They should go to hell for that crap, at least you got the figures though.

AAAAAARGH! That means wave 4 is hitting and I've not seen waves 2 or 3 yet!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

AAAAAARGH! That means wave 4 is hitting and I've not seen waves 2 or 3 yet!
    Well, I dunno what's going on. I got an email from Brian's Toys today saying that they are considering wave 3 and 4 to be one wave. They have Evazan, Aayla, 501st Trooper, Kithaba, Hoth Luke, Nom Anor, ANH Vader, and CW Anakin as one wave. Is it really shipping to retail like that or did Brian's Toys just mash the two together?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Looks like there may be some variations in this wave already. Dr. Evazan has been spotted with and without the pink scar under his right eye. It also seems that there might be a running change with Kithaba's bandana color from the incorrect brown-grey to red, which is the proper color.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Well, I dunno what's going on. I got an email from Brian's Toys today saying that they are considering wave 3 and 4 to be one wave. They have Evazan, Aayla, 501st Trooper, Kithaba, Hoth Luke, Nom Anor, ANH Vader, and CW Anakin as one wave. Is it really shipping to retail like that or did Brian's Toys just mash the two together?
    That's weird. There is no case from Hasbro that has all that stuff.

Actually, I think I see it - wave 3 cases have the following new figures:
    Vader ANH
    Malgus
    Hoth Luke
    Death Star Trooper
    CW Anakin
    ... and 7 figures from the TPM wave.

Wave 4 (non-revised) cases, meanwhile, have:
    Aayla
    Kithaba
    Evazan
    Nom Anor
    ... and 8 figures from past cases, like most of the Logray wave, the Gamorrean, and Maul.

Notice how waves 3 and 4 have zero crossover (except a single repack of Maul). They're also shipping right on top of each other, apparently. And then coming very soon will be...

Wave 4 Revision 1:
    Aayla
    Kithaba
    Evazan
    Nom Anor
    501st Clone
    CW Anakin
    ANH Vader
    Luke Hoth
    Luke Blu Ray
    TPM Qui-Gon
    Wedge
    Maul

So I think BT is just trying to make sure that the avalanche of cases they get from Hasbro don't back up since they have very little crossover.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's weird. There is no case from Hasbro that has all that stuff.

Actually, I think I see it - wave 3 cases have the following new figures:
    Vader ANH
    Malgus
    Hoth Luke
    Death Star Trooper
    CW Anakin
    ... and 7 figures from the TPM wave.

Wave 4 (non-revised) cases, meanwhile, have:
    Aayla
    Kithaba
    Evazan
    Nom Anor
    ... and 8 figures from past cases, like most of the Logray wave, the Gamorrean, and Maul.

Notice how waves 3 and 4 have zero crossover (except a single repack of Maul). They're also shipping right on top of each other, apparently. And then coming very soon will be...

Wave 4 Revision 1:
    Aayla
    Kithaba
    Evazan
    Nom Anor
    501st Clone
    CW Anakin
    ANH Vader
    Luke Hoth
    Luke Blu Ray
    TPM Qui-Gon
    Wedge
    Maul

So I think BT is just trying to make sure that the avalanche of cases they get from Hasbro don't back up since they have very little crossover.
    Well if this is the case, where are Malgus and the DS Trooper? I don't care about Malgus, but I would like to get that long awaited redo figure.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Looks like there may be some variations in this wave already. Dr. Evazan has been spotted with and without the pink scar under his right eye. It also seems that there might be a running change with Kithaba's bandana color from the incorrect brown-grey to red, which is the proper color.
    My order from BBTS arrived today. It looks like I got the Kithaba with the brown bandana and the Evazan without the pink scar. I like the Evazan better without the pink scar paint on it. I would have rather had the Kithaba with the red bandana, but I can live with the brown one.

Here's a pic of the two different bandana colors for Kithaba:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8000.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	26099

The actual color for Kithaba's bandana was somewhere in between these two (the brown bandana is too dark and the red bandana is too bright), but I think the red bandana looks the best and I'm really happy with it. If we had only gotten the red bandana version, then I don't think the bandana color would have even been brought up at all when talking about this figure.

Datestamps on all of my Kithaba figures are as follows:
    Brown bandana: 20451, 20531
    Red bandana: 20581

So the red bandana Kithaba was produced only 5 days after the last brown bandana version (if my understanding of these new datestamps is correct).

I also have one Kithaba with no datestamp, but I bought him from a seller in Malaysia, so that adds credence to the possibility that some of those guys are selling factory reject figures.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Well if this is the case, where are Malgus and the DS Trooper? I don't care about Malgus, but I would like to get that long awaited redo figure.
    I must have not been clear enough, I mean they're going to push their wave 3 and 4 cases as a single so they don't end up with any backup from either when wave 4 r1 comes in.

BB, you mean datestamped pressed into the figure itself?