Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2012 Wave 4

I think Kithaba and Barada are both wearing leather gloves, they probably never made any "Barada-hands" for the film. I guess Hasbro thought that sculpting Kithaba with gloves would have made him less interesting; but I'm fine with it since the vintage Barada's hands were sculpted like hands instead of gloves as well.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Kithaba's hands appear to have pronounced vascularity and tendons, and I think nails or nail points.

Barada's hands aren't as detailed, but then again they match his head skin tone pretty well.

It's hard to tell though since the process is an actor wearing gloves, is the intention that the character is wearing detailed gloves, or that those are his hands?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Got Nom Anor from Amazon. This figure is a mixed bag in design - the sculpting feels a little soft, and the legs being a bit preposed and using obvious joints at the waist and hips that make the figure feel more like a late POTF2 entry than a modern item. The spikey things are always bent or in the way, the back armor spikes fall off easily, the cloak is difficult to work with and fits poorly, and the head sculpt isn't quite right - he looks very surprised, and more like a horror movie mask than anything else. The ball jointed ankles are unusable and I don't even know why they bothered with how poorly those were executed. I wanted to like this figure more, but it is overhyped and kind of hard to find a place for in my collection.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.