TRU Exclusive Vintage Speeder Bike, ROTJ AT-AT, and Slave I

Rebelscum has a report apparently based on an internal Toys R Us presentation that mentions three new vehicles for The Vintage Collection - an all-new speeder bike that includes a possibly new Biker Scout and a tripod cannon; a re-release of the big AT-AT in a ROTJ box, possibly with Endor deco; and an ESB redeco of the 2010 Slave I with Han in carbonite. The speeder bike and AT-AT are apparently limited to 30,000 pieces (though I don't know how that stacks with any other exclusive - the only other number they've ever released is the 50,000 for Target's 2005 lava Vader) and slated for release October 1, with details on the Slave I being somewhat vague.

Hasbro confirmed the speeder bike a while back, and I've been looking forward to a new one for quite a while. Hopefully it delivers.

I thought that the 2006 Endor AT-AT was frankly a little unnecessary, given that we only see an AT-AT on Endor for a few seconds (and then see its side for a little longer, but still). Shelling out even more money for a larger version strikes me as something of a "well, all right" purchase. But provided it's somehow new, I'll still get it, of course. I wonder if they'd change the sounds to be more ROTJ-specific?

I'm surprised that they'd want to release the Slave I and big AT-AT at the same time - the last two years have only had one "big box" item per store (well, there was the Vintage AT-AT at the same time as the TCW Slave I, but that was just a repack). There's also going to be the MTT, so there will be quite a few big items this fall. Still, it'll be cool to get the OT Slave I, as we all knew it was coming sooner or later.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Since the Speeder Bike is supposed to come with a new Biker Scout and a Tripod Cannon, I kind of doubt it's going to be in a vintage box. I'm betting it will be some kind of modern window-box.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I hope you're right about the Slave-1 being the 2010 version. It doesn't actually state that it is in their story, but it's a pretty safe bet. I wonder if this is a last hurrah for the vehicle line before putting them on hiatus for a while? I don't think I'll be waiting around for sales on the speeder bike and slave 1 just in case. Unless the at-at has new sounds I think I'll be passing on it.

The Endor AT-AT has been revealed! I must say, the packaging looks fantastic. The ship has brown paint on its feet, and the images on the side of the box show that the viewscreen is green instead of blue. The AT-AT Driver has black gloves and boots, and the speeder bike is brown. I'm thinking that the same elements from the 2010 release are just repainted and included here, meaning the speeder bike isn't new . . . but hopefully the separate release is. I'm glad that there are at least some changes, but I'd like to know if there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Since the Speeder Bike is supposed to come with a new Biker Scout and a Tripod Cannon, I kind of doubt it's going to be in a vintage box. I'm betting it will be some kind of modern window-box.
    Whoa! Totally called that one.

So when can we expect to see some more photos?

I'd actually be a bit surprised if the Slave 1 was sold at the $100 pricepoint, the only reason it was that expensive the first time around was because it came with Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter.

There was also a rumor on RS that the Slave 1 was supposed to be packed with several new figures, including a new Bespin Escape Leia, but those were dropped and will be coming out as a Battlepack. If true, then my theory on that is because Hasbro is working hard to make sure this new Slave 1 doesn't cost $100.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Hasbro's presentation is tomorrow at 11 a.m., so there should be much more information coming from that, and then I assume they'll update their booth shortly thereafter.

Also, remember that there used to be only two times a year like this - New York Toy Fair in February and San Diego Comic Con in July. Now they started going to New York Toy Fair in October, and it's a Celebration year, so there are potentially four times they have to show stuff this year (unless NYTF was just for the TPM stuff . . . but then they'd probably do that again if they do a big AOTC push). So they can't just shove it all out there at once.

Right now I'm just interested in getting more photos of the new Speeder Bike and Biker Scout. I'm also hoping that someone there can get their hands on the toy and find out if that front landing strut is removable, how sturdy the plastic is, and if that Biker Scout really is a new sculpt.

Well, I guess you got your answers. Landing strut removable, Biker Scout is mostly new, and no sign of Slave 1.
    Stupidity should be painful.