Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cool

I definitley want an R6, R8, and R9. Astromechs are the obvious choice for this kind of thing but maybe someday they will utilize other BAD characters in some manner.

No sign of these at Disneyland on Friday. It's too bad that they didn't expand the Star Trader when they rebooted Star Tours last year, it's still way too small a shop space and gets horribly bottlenecked as folks look through merch and build their own lightsabers and such.

Speaking of Star Trader, they had a metric ton of TVC TPM wave, it's horrifying.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Has anyone done this at WDW? Sounds like it's going away tomorrow, and nobody knows when it's coming back, unfortunately. From what I've read, it looks like the supply hasn't been anywhere near the demand, especially with collectors building multiple droids for themselves and fellow collectors. I read that the Mickey hats and middle legs are long gone, that the two-pack option is gone (so that Disney can get more money, no doubt), and that there's a limit of building two at a time. Hopefully this will be up again by CVI, as I'm going the day before the convention starts and I reeeeeally wanted to get a crack at these, and I'm sure a lot of other people are in the same boat.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Aw man, why would they do this, and with no real warning? That bites. They should have kept the station permanent, why keep it after SW Weekends this long then just pull the plug randomly?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think they wanted to keep it going, it's just that they're having trouble keeping the parts in stock so they figured better to just cut it for now, rethink some things, and do it right when they can. At least, I HOPE that's what's happening . . .

Perhaps this should be yet another question to add to the Hasbro convention list. :erm:

I don't know how involved Hasbro is with this aside from providing the molds. Well, hey - might as well ask about their involvement with this.

According to Endor Express, it reopened today with the new parts. Now they just need to keep them all in stock for a month and I won't have to have that heart attack after all.

I hope it stays this time, and they add it to Disneyland as well. I have someone who will pick up a figure at CVI for me probably, so now I need to figure out what parts I really want.

I went on the Wednesday right before CVI, having gotten to the park at around 2:30. It was always busy but never packed, usually with one or two people ahead of or behind me, and a lot of interested customers asking about it. You were only allowed to build two droids at a time before having to go to the back of the line, so my mom was going to help based on the list I had, but it ended up getting confusing trying to coordinate for two people so I just had her stand there so I could make four droids at a time.

All told, I got 23 droids. Out of the 71 parts, I'm missing two of the domes (the black R5 and the silver/blue R7) and two bodies (blue and purple), and I want to trade some of the parts for different colors so as to make complete matching droids (I think I would consider around 15 of my droids to be "complete"). The employees were quite helpful - the first one actually tapped me on the shoulder while I was checking out to let me know that they had gotten in the Indiana Jones fedoras, which was really nice. They kept restocking with parts throughout the day, and yellow and green were the most plentiful.

Kids were taking quite a while to decide which parts they wanted, and collectors were taking a while finding the ones they still needed. I don't know if there's a need to expand to three or more stations based on my time there, but it was pretty fun and smooth overall. With patience and good employees, it's a good experience.