Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Revealed - Obi-Wan was really a Royal Guard!!!

http://www.rebelscum.com/c6/TVC_Vint...I_Royal_Guard/

The resemblance is uncanny!!! I guess he didn't really die in ANH, he just went undercover again to take down the Emperor from the inside!
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Here's the pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3580.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	26593
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Aside from the lack of a scar and a tall forehead, that's Kir Kanos' face pretty much spot on: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rKanos-TNR.jpg

Now, why they gave the Royal Guard a Jedi-type outfit underneath the robe rather than their armor, that is a question I could dig into, but any new Royal Guard is better than none.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think the forehead looks bigger than it really is since the hair paint doesn't go as far as the sculpt does. Since this is technically the third Kir Kanos figure, I'm glad they mixed it up, even if I don't know or really care much about the character.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I think the forehead looks bigger than it really is since the hair paint doesn't go as far as the sculpt does. Since this is technically the third Kir Kanos figure, I'm glad they mixed it up, even if I don't know or really care much about the character.
    No, you can see the sculpt is being followed on the forehead.

How can you not know/care about Kir Kanos? Man, don't they teach you kids your Star Wars EU history in school no more???

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If anything, I think he looks more like a young Count Dooku rather than Obi-Wan.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    If anything, I think he looks more like a young Count Dooku rather than Obi-Wan.
    Yeah he does, weird because Kir Kanos existed first.

Kir Kanos was in the Clone Wars. He was Maul's accountant.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm behind reading Crimson Empire 3. Did Kir Kanos grow a beard?

He never used to have one.

He has a scar (from Vader's lightsaber) through one side of his face, across his nose to the opposite side of his face (top to bottom style).

That could be a generic character, or Carnor Jax? I don't think Jax had a beard either. And he died in Crimson Empire I.

Meanwhile, maybe Obi-Wan does disguise himself as a Royal Guard. But then why didn't he kill Sidious if he got that close? I'm sure there's a story.

Anyway, what it could be is Obi-Wan with Kamino-wet hair, a figure I actually do want. Only the deluxe with the Force push air pump has his wet hair sculpt. Come to think of it, I bought two of those so I don't really need his wet-hair figure, but this one does look like Ewan McGreggor - perhaps by accident.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    No, you can see the sculpt is being followed on the forehead.

How can you not know/care about Kir Kanos? Man, don't they teach you kids your Star Wars EU history in school no more???
    On the top of the forehead, yeah, but you can see that the hair by his temples are unpainted, making his forehead look wider than it should.

I'm really not an EU guy - I like some of the books (Darth Plagueis was stunning), but the only comics I've purchased or read (outside the Hasbro Comic Packs) are the Clone Wars anthologies that collected issues of Republic and that sort of thing. I have a passing familiarity with him and Carnor Jax (and their multi-colored bedtime buddies Lemmet Tauk and Alum Frost ), and know they're from Crimson Empire, but I really don't know what all he does. A few times, I would start to read various EU books and just not be able to get into them at all; I'd like to try again on some of the heavy hitters . . . don't beat me, but I still haven't even read Shadows of the Empire or the Thrawn trilogy.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram