Hybrid View

Build-a-droid at Disney parks

There were rumors on the subject, but Attractions Magazine has visually confirmed an exclusive collection of build-a-droid parts at Disney parks. The bodies look to be the same, but the colors are new, and it looks like most (if not all) of the heads can fit hats (including Mickey Mouse ears, Indiana Jones' fedora, and the Yoda ears baseball hat). I'm sure they're going to be expensive as hell and probably difficult to obtain all the parts, but I absolutely love this kind of stuff.

The rumor is that build-a-droid is going to come back in place of Vintage next year. If anything's going to replace TVC, I'll be very glad if it's build-a-droid.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I like this idea a lot and I am very excited about it. The rumor report I saw said there would be 25 different domes. If that's indeed true, this could be a very expensive exclusive for me.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

After looking at the photo more closely, I see that R2, R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, R8, and R9 droids are ALL represented, with this being the first-ever versions of R6, R8, and R9 (with an all-new body being made for the R8, as R6 and R9 use the regular one). There's also a pirate hat on the R6 droid on the far left - that is way too damn cool.

Hopefully there will be enough of these to go around. I'd like to get all of them when I'm there for CVI.

20% Annual Pass discount, do your duty!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Looks like it's (almost) ebay time for those of us who live 1000+ miles from a park. I love the whole idea of these things and would love to buy them all (hope your listening hasbro.)

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    20% Annual Pass discount, do your duty!
    My thoughts exactly!

The Star Tours Facebook page updated with this photo, featuring 22 different domes, 10 different bodies, 7 different sets of legs, and 5 different hats. Some of the parts that were shown in the first image aren't here, and there are several new ones as well. My wallet already hurts.