Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Mind if I post your comment in my classroom? My sentiments exactly.
    Pay for my airfare I'll give a talk in your class on that subject.

I'll text you during my class time. On the phone I don't own.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I'll text you during my class time. On the phone I don't own.
    That seems less effective somehow...

Well, the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are out, I will likely be skipping this generation. I'm not sure how I feel about the phablet direction they are taking with the bigger phones. I have an iPad, I don't need the ginormous screen on my phone, I need something I can put in my pocket and carry with me easily. I guess I'll have to see it up close to make up my mind. Either way, I don't expect Apple will be going smaller from here on out so when the next iPhone hits I expect it will be the larger 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch screen.

The Apple watch is kinda interesting, but not worth the premium IMO.

I am a bit disappointed Apple has yet again chosen to pass up any upgrades to the iPod touch, which hasn't gotten any love in a couple of years now. It seems to me, if Apple was going to increase the screen size on the iPhone, they would follow that with the iPod touch, especially with the new hardware and storage in the iPhone. Maybe they've just given up on the iPod. That's a shame.
    May the force be with you.

I personally would rather they'd increased the capacity of the iPod Classic rather than discontinuing it. I rather like having a lot of memory on a music player, and not needing to connect it to the interwebs.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I personally would rather they'd increased the capacity of the iPod Classic rather than discontinuing it. I rather like having a lot of memory on a music player, and not needing to connect it to the interwebs.
    Wow, yeah, I hadn't even noticed they killed the iPod Classic line. I just checked the website and it's gone. Sad day, but Apple is a business and I suppose the Classic just wasn't selling enough to justify the line any more. :-(

All the more reason to give us a 128GB iPod touch, yes, it's still a bit less than the 160GB Classic, but it's better than nothing. Personally I wish Apple would make the big leap to 256GB iPads and iPod touch. It would mean increasing the thickness a bit on the iPod touch, but the storage would well be worth it IMO. The premium Apple charges for solid state storage has gotten out of hand, prices have come down over the last few years, I can literally buy a 256GB SSD for $100 or less.
    May the force be with you.

The reality is that the notion of the MP3 player in general is becoming outdated. Everything's going to a streaming model for non-workout music, and workout music doesn't need a big MP3 player anymore so cheapos have taken over, and Apple doesn't really want to bother updating that world - the Nano and the Shuffle haven't been updated in a long time now, and the new Touch 16gb is the same one as 2 years ago but adding a camera. Also, the latest Touch doesn't work well with iOS8, it's really bad news on it. So Apple is moving on to streaming as well, that's why they bought Beats so they could get that company's streaming service (lesson to all from Monster: read contracts and don't just sign anything).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't trust streaming 100%. There've been too many cases of two giant conglomerates not playing nice, and a lot of media being removed from a service. I'll use it as a backup, but prefer my own copies of stuff I like.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I don't trust streaming 100%. There've been too many cases of two giant conglomerates not playing nice, and a lot of media being removed from a service. I'll use it as a backup, but prefer my own copies of stuff I like.
    Me too, I'm just saying that the musical focus is shifting from owned to streamed, cars are coming with Pandora and other streaming services built in, the MP3 player is not as big a focus as it once was and on that merit it seems like that's why Apple is getting out of that industry, it's not where the prestige is anymore.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.