Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, now you have them...

....what do you think?

With all the pictures of toy fair ..etc, and the sneaked out figure shots ...etc I had kind of forgotten how small these were gonna be. I had almost divorced them from the previous 3 3/4 figures in my mind!

I am looking at R3 T7 on my desk thinking how tiny are they?

However, they are dead groovy. Zam and Jango look good together. The trooper is still doing the Time Warp but we'll get used to him I guess.

Any thoughts?
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

The only ones I've seen...

Up close and personal are the Zam and the Tuskenette. Both are stellar. I still have my reservations on the ugly gimmick loaded ones and the overly posed and limited use figures.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I like the preview figures...the Clone Trooper is a little odd but I'll get used to it the more I see of it...
    "I have a bad feeling about this..."

Up close and personal:

I love the new regular Battle Droid, it's the best one made so far.

Plo Koon is also a pretty cool figure, although his paint could be better.

Shaak Ti - hmm... I know a lot of people don't like this super posed figure, but I really like the basic design. I just wish they had done something a little more with her. Wrist or elbow articulation would have been nice, but she only has 3 joints, head, and shoulders. Kind of a waste of what could have been a great figure IMO.

But I still think she looks cool in that fighting pose
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I'm confused, are people actually finding Ep2 figures on the pegs or did everyone here just order them online?

I haven't seen hide nor hair of anything beyond DSE Han and X-Wing Luke over here.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

No... you aren't left out, buddy.

Some people paid some outlandishly crazy prices for some of these figures on eBay or what have you. Some paid relatively normal prices as well, but those were few and far between. A lot of figures made their way to Singapore and were sold from that port of entry. These are NOT on the pegs in most places. They are starting to make it onto the pegs of SOME Wal-Marts who have decided to jump the street date on these figures.

Believe me... they aren't THAT special. They are just figures and you will have them soon.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I have to agree. Unless you are about to just break and cry if you don't have them in your hands soon, They really aren't worth the price almost any dealer is asking for them. I don't feel too bad about the ones I bought, or how much I paid, but I wouldn't go near the stuff that's selling on Ebay.

They're fine figures, but I say wait till April to buy any.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

From what I have seen, which isn't anything up close and personal, I love them. I am going to Wal Mart very soon to go and check it out. But, the internet is a wonderful place too.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I'm going to take a trip to Wal-Mart tonight to see if my local store is one of the naughty ones who is selling the stuff early. After much complaining, I've finally decided to give the figures the benefit of the doubt and check them out up close and personal before deciding to buy them. My change of heart comes after getting the Han and Chewie 25th set and realizing that pre-posed figures really aren't that bad when they have a cool pose.

However, if they have a stupid pose (Luke and Leia 25th set) then they really do suck.

Soooo, let me get this straight: the preview figures become available on the 23rd of March; the rest of the line is available on the 23rd of April; and the movie opens on the 15th of May. Right?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

My Wal-Mart didn't break street date. So I just ordered them on-line. I should hopefully have them Monday. I'm glad you liked the 25th Anniversary Han/Chewie set BigB. The Vader set is pretty cool as well, if you can find one. I agree, pre-posing of some figures isn't bad. That's why I think the Jedi's are cool that way.

The preview figures were supposed to be out on March 16th, though for some reason Wal-Mart is now saying the March 23rd. I dunno why they are mixing the dates up, it really sucks actually. The Movie opens on the 16th of May, and there should be 12 more figures released on or before then, since there is supposed to be 26 different basic figures on the shelves the day the movie opens.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.