Article: The Closest Thing to a "Real" Lightsaber?

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Seriously, Lucasfilm needs to sue these guys into the stone age. The last time they sued them it wasn't enough, these clowns are clearly ripping off Lucasfilm concepts - their laser was shaped like a Star Wars lightsaber hilt and was a LASER. But now they're just stealing the Force FX saber concept altogether and even calling it "LaserSaber", that's shameless and foul. If they had terminated a laser 2.5 feet from the hilt without a plastic tube, then we could talk, but until then it's just outright IP theft and it's time to stop.

With all the hullabaloo, I was expecting a story about an actual blade made of harmless laser light, that would be an accomplishment worth getting excited about. But instead it's just another light up plastic tube.... lame.

I agree with JT, sue them into bankruptcy.

I love how the article says their not affiliated with Lucasfilm or Star Wars yet their promotional video clearly uses the Star Wars fanfare and a soundbite of Obi-Wan.

Harmless, BigB? They clearly state that it can cause damage to people, pets, or property! That's the real thing!!

Book me on the next flight to Alderaan, turkeys!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.