Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comic-Con 2012 SSG-gang lunch, who's coming?

SDCC is next week, I was wondering who is going and who would like to try to get together for an SSG lunch.

Last year we ended up pulling off a decent time even if everybody's schedules were extra challenging, we pitched in for pizza, Bikerscout and me walked to get it, and then we all talked about Amy Winehouse dying because it had literally just hit the news. (Luckily we had other topics afterwards. )

This year we could do pizza again or we could do sandwiches, or something else entirely, it's all up to us. But we need to find out who is going and who would want to meet up to make it happen.

So sound off!

I'm going.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not going to the Con, but could most likely meet up for lunch or something.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

JT, I know you were asking me a week or two ago so forgive me for not replying then.

Anyhow, I'm only going to the con on Thursday but will be around SD until Saturday.

Thursday after the Transformers panel lets out at 2:30 looks like my best window. How's that look for your schedule?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Thursday after the Transformers panel lets out at 2:30 looks like my best window. How's that look for your schedule?
    I'll try to be at that Transformers panel and if I am, I'll get Evac to you there. I've not figured out the rest of my schedule though. Having just one day doesn't afford a lot of flexibility.

Thursday's not good for me. Mrs Chux is teaching summer school Monday - Thursday, and we've got one car.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I'll try to be at that Transformers panel and if I am, I'll get Evac to you there. I've not figured out the rest of my schedule though. Having just one day doesn't afford a lot of flexibility.
    Alright.

BTW, the "MySched" version is much easier to find stuff than the regular SDCC pages, sooooo much nicer-looking and manageable. Plus if you sign up you can output the calendar to your Google Calendar or Outlook or other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Thursday's not good for me. Mrs Chux is teaching summer school Monday - Thursday, and we've got one car.
    Sorry to hear it. Hmm, I don't see another usable spot in my schedule again until friday after 7pm/8pm for me. Friday is a day you should be there in case you're somehow able to get in for the Larry Hama spotlight panel.

Not getting a lot of traction this year, what's up? Did last year's registration break everybody's spirits?

C'mon, I know folks out there want to get together, eat lunch, or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    something along those lines.
    ^
    The new, more appropriate name for SDCC.

I will be present for the show, though likely in lines for much of the time. I'm hoping I can get into Hall H and stay there for the bulk of Saturday. On other days, I'd like to see the Expendables 2 and Game of Thrones panels, but have already embraced the the understanding that I won't be able to.

If we all get a chance to meet, maybe we could do it in the morning, before the convention, begins at Richard Walker's Pancake House. It's about a block and a half from the con and the food is worth driving to San Diego for. Here's a link:

http://richardwalkers.com/menu/san-diego-breakfast.php