Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bobafrett's 2012 "Relay for Life" cancer walk

I know a few of you in the past have made donations to my cancer walk. I would like to invite you to once again help me out. My goal this year is $2,000.00 and I have reached that the past two years in part from donations from some of the fine forum members here on SSG. Thank you in advance

link to my page! http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px...al&fr_id=38209
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

It's that time again already?! Well, you know I'm good for it but it'll have to wait until the next pay check. I'm hoping you make your goal again!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    It's that time again already?! Well, you know I'm good for it but it'll have to wait until the next pay check. I'm hoping you make your goal again!
    Donation made!

I would like to encourage other SSGers to help Mr. Frett reach his goal!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

This was last years team, you can see we all love Star Wars, and most are members of the 501st legion of Stormtroopers!
    Thank you to those who are making a donation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0626.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	26124   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0622.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	26125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0624.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	26126  

Our local RFL was held this week end. My city/county hosts the largest RFL event in the nation. A total of $2,129,339.76 was raised from donations, many of which are modest like the one I made on behalf of BobaFrett. It's all these small donations that add up in a big way to help the cause. I'm a cancer survivor myself, and very much appreciate the efforts Barry and the 501st Legion make to fight the good fight!

*BUMP!*

I know times are tough (Recently, I had another financial step backwards at my work...hooray for government jobs!), but this is an important cause.

I made my yearly donation and I'm hoping you make your goal!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Got your donation Slicker! Thank You very much! With Slicker and TeeEye7's donations, I am closing in on $500.00 which is a quarter of my goal. If anyone else can give, I think there is a $10 minimum if you visit my site. Or a check of any amount from $1.00 on up, you can make an offline donation. Someone made a $100 donation that way. There is a line on my page that you can print up an "Offline" donation form, and there is an address on the form, just simply fill out the form and mail it in with your check or money order and I will get notification that a donation was made in my behalf.

I am closing in on 7 years since I lost my mom to this deadly disease. I believe it was her passing that made me want to help someone in need. Tycho happened to post here on the forums as most of you know, and as luck would have it, I was a match for a much needed kidney. It was also in part to the loss of a couple of wonderful forum members here that made the decision to be a living organ donor that much easier.

The link to my "Relay" page is in the first post. I thank all of those who have donated throughout the 7+ walks I have done. I thank SirSteve for giving me a place that I can reach out to those who I wouldn't have otherwise been able to reach. Thanks and God Bless!

Wow, it has been 7 years already? I can remember when you broke the news and it seems like maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Well, I hope you make your goal and everyone else should toss some skrilla your way!!!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Well, I got another $100 donation from a co worker of mine. I'm up around $900.00 so far (If my math is correct), aand just a wee bit under 3 weeks to the event. I look forward to it every year. I was really looking forward to it this year because every year since I asked my wife to marry me at a rain/thunderstorm shortened event, we have gone to Steak & Shake, that is where we went while the rain came down, and called the family to break the news to them. My wife has had us on a diet of slim fast shakes and sensible dinners, I was looking forward to some greasy burgers! But my wife is going to be attending a wedding for one of her relatives. She has been taking a lot of the pictures for my letters I send out both before and after the event.

Thank you again to all who have made a donation!!!!!!!

Picture is me down on one knee proposing to my now wife. That was about 5 years ago, and June 14th we celebrate 4 years being married.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the proposal.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	26199