Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My total raised at the end of the "Relay" was $1,892.47 and my team raised altogether $4,523.47. You can still make a donation! Yes, they still take donations for this years walk, the books aren't closed yet. The goal for our event (all teams) was $590,000 and we raised as of the end of the walk, $501,786. That's over a hal a million dollars raised for cancer reasearch, education and many other things!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2360.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	26303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2395.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	26304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2372.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	26305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2373.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	26306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2374.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	26307
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

More pictures from the relay!
    The middle picture is me in my Tusken robes with another team members Trooper helmet on. 4th picture is my team, the "Imperial Walkers". First photo, is me up close and out camp in the background.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2496.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	26308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2392.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	26309   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2406.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	26310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2442.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	26311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2463.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	26312  

We even made the front page of the local newspaper the Pantagraph. The article is about the "Relay" but for the second year in a row, and the third time in 8 years, our costumed team brought the "Relay" news to the front page of the paper!

The second picture is me standing in front of my Wal-Mart stores exit doors collecting for the Relay. Over two Sundays, and 13+ hours of temeratures over 90 degrees, I collected around $650.00!

Name:	misc 002.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	26314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_2309.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	26313  

Well, I got a very generous donation and when it gets processed it should bring my total raised for the 2012 "Relay for Life" cancer walk to, $2,143.47 I am overjoyred and very thankful for everyone from my family to my friends in the 301st, my co workers and my friends here at SSG. Thank You for making it a successful Relay walk!

Cool news Barry! Well done, sir!

If they leave my salary alone next year (it's been reduced every year over the past three years...hooray for being an "evil" California public employee), I may be able in increase my donation. Count on me for next year! As a cancer survivor myself, I know how important early detection is as well as the continuing fight!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Thank you for your continued support TeeEye! Last year I was able to make a donation, this year all I could afford was to purchase 3 luminara bags at $10 each to remember those whom I lost. The money went to my efforts, just wish I could have also made a little more sizeable donation. No worries though! And how does someone get a reduced salary? You go to your review "Thank you for your great work you've done, we are cutting your pay by $2,000 a year, have a nice day" Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Thank you for your continued support TeeEye! ... No worries though! And how does someone get a reduced salary? You go to your review "Thank you for your great work you've done, we are cutting your pay by $2,000 a year, have a nice day" Yikes!
    I'm a teacher in CA, considered a state employee. Our school district hasn't "officially" cut our salaries, but in cutting school days (the fear is that to save money, our district may follow other local districts who've cut 15 MORE days from the 5 already cut), the daily rate (how our checks get calculated) is the same but over less total days worked. I still try to help the local charities as I can. Good luck, BF!
    "That's what Sheev said."

I collect the impressive, most impressive cards....

Thanks, Barry!

Name:	McClean 501st.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	26610  

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I collect the impressive, most impressive cards....

Thanks, Barry!
    Your Welcome Sir! One of my team members had them made up to hand out. He gave me an extra bunch to hand out when I do my fundraising in front of Wal-Mart. Can't wait to hand some out next spring when I will be out and about again!

*BUMP*

I'm sure Mr. Frett will begin a 2013 thread for Relay for Life but I wanted to get it out there now that he has posted on FB a link to help him with his continuing battle against cancer. I applaud Barry's effort and ask that SSG members support him in his cause!

I've made my donation today. Will you, please?