Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation New troop builder sets!

Rebelscum is reporting on 4 new troop-building sets coming out from Hasbro. Death Star troopers, hoth soldiers, arena battle droids, and endor scouts(hence the two pack at toyfair)They are two packs with different weapons/ heads, whatever. Check it out and what do you think? Right on!rebelscum.com
    "pork is not a verb"

This is awesome news. Methinks two of each if they're good, and 2 of those fanclub stormie 4 packs ..... an army I will build..........
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Talking Wonderful!!!

Yeah... I read this over at this morning as well. These are really long overdue sets. I'm glad Hasblah had momentary stroke of genius. Too bad it was just momentary.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

well, as long as there's enough to go round and they end up distributed more thoroughly than just the fanclub or whatever.

A stirling idea if it comes off. I'm not holding my breath and refuse to get excited about Hasbro ideas until they start shipping. Too mant cancellations to get excited. But it's a nice idea. Two troopers and a load of accessories. Jolly good show old chap - whoever it was who convinced the mighty budgeteers at Hasbro to go through with it.

I have to agree with EJ on this.excellent idea and long over due.But I too will get excited when I see photos and get a concrete release date
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

I am excited about them, if they are real. I will be even more excited if they come out along with the Imperial Shuttle, which I have wanted forever. By the way, Jargo, I like the new avatar!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

This is a good idea, but what will they COST? Even Hasbro's new GI Joe 2 pks are almost $8.00!!! And Hasbro OWNS the license.

If they can do a 2 pk for $8.00 or less GREAT, just $4.00 per figure. But if they end up being as much as the Anniversary sets forget about it!!!
    May the force be with you.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    This is a good idea, but what will they COST? Even Hasbro's new GI Joe 2 pks are almost $8.00!!! And Hasbro OWNS the license. If they can do a 2 pk for $8.00 or less GREAT, just $4.00 per figure. But if they end up being as much as the Anniversary sets forget about it!!!
    They actually arn't 2-packs. They are a figure with a ton of accessories, according to what I read. That's why I accidentally started a new thread talking about them. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&threadid=4588 I didn't realize at first that this was a thread about the same thing. I will definatly be ordering a case of these, when they come out, though. Coolness.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

There was a Q and A with Hasbro over at rebelscum where they confirmed that the head variants of the imp officer and reb fleet trooper would indeed be coming BEFORE the movie opens. Is this part of the troop builder waves? Coolness if it is cuz I want a load more Imperials especially if there's going to be a new death star trooper without the running for the loo action. Reb fleet trooper is okay but I have three so I'll probably end up getting three of the variant and leave it at that. he's not such a great figure but my displays cry out for them.... new biker scout sculpt would be cool. i can't get enough of biker scouts. Those Endor rebels were very cool looking IMO want a few of those. I'm so much more excited about these than the AOTC stuff. It was such a laugh to read that Hasbro are relly excited about their funky new direction.... They don't expect it to last though I could read the subtext. The action stance will die horribly.....

I think this is a really cool deal. Just have to wait and see how it works out though
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!