Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Major Bludd is even less an "official" Cobra than Firefly (and "Bludd" is his last name). The name "Baroness" is her actual title. Dr. Mindbender takes his name from a play on his specialty and real name (Dr. Brian Bender).
    Then who is high up in the organization that has a snake name and not 'Cobra Commander'? Those are all the ones I know, and none of them fit. Nothing from Serpentor on though, that's crap and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I don't think Duke has to be dead. I think COBRA could have used Tarzan's Micro probes to decorate a body up like Duke.
    We see the nanites leave Zartan's body when he dies, they don't save him. Also, we see the Joes lamenting Duke's death after the desert, they walk around collecting all the dog tags of their fallen comrades off of the bodies, they would have noticed if Duke's body wasn't there and they wouldn't be lamenting him but looking for him.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There is a lot of fertile territory to be mined for stories and characters. I think that the producers should not be afraid of using the concept of Cobra as the "ruthless terrorist organization" that it was designed as. The fear that can be generated by knowing that a US-based, homegrown terrorist organization for hire seems tailor made for this past decade of our country's history.

So the nanno probes could use DNA to recreate Tim McVeigh?

JT, I was wondering if they could create a fake corpse of Duke.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

So the nanno probes could use DNA to recreate Tim McVeigh?
    I was thinking more along the lines of how foreign based USA haters could hire Cobra, who is already established and entrenched in the US (Springfield), to destabilize the economy (Extensive Enterprises), sponsor random mayhem (Dreadnoks), poison the environment (Sludge/Toxo-Vipers), traffic drugs (Headman/DEF), provide mercenaries (Iron Grenadiers) and/or arms (MARS).

I'm really hoping for Tomax and Xamot (Paoli--because, hey, only IDW ever bothered to give them a last name) in the next movie.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

How about seeing Spirit?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

JT, I was wondering if they could create a fake corpse of Duke.
    That's dumb comic book stuff, nobody would reasonably go through that much trouble, especially when they already have a living president impersonator in the White House. It wouldn't pass muster in a movie.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't think the Joe comic would've even attempted that.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

2nd weekend has the film in the #2 slot at $21 mil, which is a 50% falloff but not terribly surprising.

So, Best Buy has the "extended action cut" and Target has a half-hour of bonus features. Plus, if you care about packaging, WM has an exclusive case.

Decisions, decisions. I'm seriously considering getting both, since it's unlikely there will be a future re-release with all the content in one convenient (and cheaper) package.
    Tommy, close your eyes.