Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Yeah, but if they were rebooting, c'mon, they should've gone full-on crazy with Aquaman and make him more like his Brave and the Bold incarnation, a superhero who's also a ridiculous blowhard and braggart. Wall-to-wall grit across 52 titles is a bit much.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Seeing how well they did going dark, I'd like to see the animated version of Kingdom Come by this team. I think they've found the right tonality for it and seeing Alex Ross' art animated would be well worth the price to me.
    Kingdom Come seems fairly easy a story to storyboard as animated, it's largely ideas surrounded by a few slugfests. I don't know if it'll be easy to translate the "fatter and older" art styling Alex Ross used to animation though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Curiously, the "Extended Action Version" has very little action added.

There's a new scene of Roadblock sorta hazing Flint, the introduction of Jinx is expanded and moved earlier in the film, and there's a new scene with Jinx immediately following Cobra Commander's breakout. There may be a few more new bits, but those stood out. They are good scenes, and fill in a couple of minor holes, but, man, I wanted more Red Ninja shenanigans.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I picked this up from a Red Box the other day and...ehh. I mean I guess it wasn't the worst way to spend 90 minutes (or $1.20) but other then that. Meh.

EDIT: Did anybody else think that Bruce Willis was Jinx's dad?

Jinx or Lady Jaye? I could see thinking that about Jaye, but Jinx would be a stretch.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Jinx or Lady Jaye? I could see thinking that about Jaye, but Jinx would be a stretch.
    Sorry I meant Jaye. Bruce knew her real name and she gave him the stink eye a number of times, it'd be easy to say that her dad was dead since with him being a general she'd probably never outrank him.

Yes, I definitely thought Bruce Willis was Lady Jaye's daddy.

It was nice subtlety there and entirely possible in spite of any change of last names for the characters. They worked covert operations anyway.

Actually, I felt that was a very entertaining element to ponder while watching the story.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

If they didn't hate each other, it would be the most awesomest greatest coolest casting ever to have Demi Moore as Jane in G.I. Joe 3. Truth is, Joe without Jane seemed a bit wrong to me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Jack and Jill
    Were Told
    Take that hill

But Destro struck
    Then Jill said
    we're totally fckd
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If they didn't hate each other, it would be the most awesomest greatest coolest casting ever to have Demi Moore as Jane in G.I. Joe 3.
    It would be?