Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Article: Hasbro San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Star Wars Carbonite Chamber Packaged Hi-Res

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Anyone else noticing how pale JarJar's forearms look in all of the recent hi-res shots? I really hope that it's just a problem with the pics or sample and that the production run doesn't turn out that way. It almost looks like he's got compression sleeves on to cover his tats Allen Iverson style.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I see what you mean, his forearms are very much lighter than his hands or upper arms or the rest of his body. I would hope that's just Hasbro having pre-production stuff, but judging how badly they've been with those things lately - Tarkin's coloring, Blu-Ray Luke's everything - I couldn't venture to guess what we're really going to get.

$70, pretty much what I expected, but was hoping they'd lowball it since it's going to have tax as well. I'm getting one.

The pricing on the other exclusives public yet?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The pricing on the other exclusives public yet?
    I don't think so, just this press release so far for Hasbro.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I know the press release says that it is being sold through the hasbrotoyshop.com booth but has there been confirmation that this will be carried online? I know HTS has always carried the ComicCon exclusives in the past, but HTS has been terrible this year in terms of new product and so I wanted to make sure before I counted on them to get one of these….
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Didn't last year's Death Star set go online but sell out quickly? I can't remember (and I'm too tired to check right now). At any rate, I might know someone who's going and I do want the carbonite Jar Jar, so I might have him pick this up for me. $70 isn't too bad, that's $10 per figure, so right on with retail, I guess. I probably would be less interested if this were more expensive, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Didn't last year's Death Star set go online but sell out quickly? I can't remember (and I'm too tired to check right now). At any rate, I might know someone who's going and I do want the carbonite Jar Jar, so I might have him pick this up for me. $70 isn't too bad, that's $10 per figure, so right on with retail, I guess. I probably would be less interested if this were more expensive, though.
    Yes, that did happen. HTS holds back a select small amount usually for online sales and returns, and then if any product comes back from the convention they put that up as well.

This set isn't crazy high, although IMO it feels a bit pricey for a multi-pack, but $60 for the GI Joe / Transformers-crossover Shockwave HISS set feels like $20 overpriced, and $100 for $65 of Transformers in game-accurate colors is downright insulting (they also want $25 for $13 of a repainted hard-to-get deluxe Transformer in special packaging, that was an easy no).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Shockwave HISS does come with a Constructicon-styled BAT, Destro, and, most importantly, 3.75" scale Soundwave as a tape deck.
    Tommy, close your eyes.