Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Oh, I thought it was going to be a bigger thing, a multi-day event.

I am about to post the press release details for the next episode, and went to grab a photo, but even though they have 10 of 'em, none are terribly compelling as static images (except one which is just silly-looking, so I'm not using it). I hope that's not indicative of the episode's quality, I've never seen press images less compelling but the description sounds good.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hmm... I think this one should've been called "Obvious Irony" instead. I half expected Anakin to wink to the audience once whenever someone else mentioned Jedi as traitors, or doing something so terrible in the scared Temple. But I did like it, even despite the blatant CSI character basis, who I guess you could say, put in some pun or witty remark as he took off his sunglasses. :YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"
    "That's what Sheev said."

And this one should've been The Fugitive Jedi (instead of Knew Too Much); I expected Ahsoka to yell, "I didn't kill his wife!" or "Look, it's a one-armed Jedi" to Anakin. Probably one of the best action shows in a while, but Ahsoka is the greatest Jedi of all time: she can deflect stun blasts all around her, avoid cannon blasts, evade flying and ground troops. I really am interested in finding out how they'll "deal with" her as a character in SW lore, more than any other character. Tarkin had some cool references to his ANH mannerisms.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Anybody else notice the Clone Turbo Tanks all driving backwards in this episode? Or how about the oddity of that opening funeral scene, where they had exactly the right number of coffin-elevators in the floor and made no mention at all about the civilians and clones killed in the blast, anybody else find that off-note?

Otherwise it was fine in terms of an action story, but simplistic in terms of a STORY story, and required a lot of stupidity on a lot of characters' parts. Also, if they have Barriss Offee be the real killer, it'll be horribly disappointing just because of how odd her scenes were in this one, she acted way weird... had this been Law & Order, she definitely would have been the killer.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I thought this episode was pretty great. I loved the military base and the sense of foreboding around it, and all the nods to the Death Star. The last act with the chase through the base was extremely well directed, as was the scene with Anakin and Ahsoka before she jumps.

I thought Ahsoka's assumption that nobody would believe her came a little quickly. Tarkin was being a turd, so it's not unreasonable to think that people she trusted more would be more inclined to believe her. But I'm sure she panicked from seeing all the dead bodies and having clones fire at her.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Anybody else notice the Clone Turbo Tanks all driving backwards in this episode? Or how about the oddity of that opening funeral scene, where they had exactly the right number of coffin-elevators in the floor and made no mention at all about the civilians and clones killed in the blast, anybody else find that off-note?

Otherwise it was fine in terms of an action story, but simplistic in terms of a STORY story, and required a lot of stupidity on a lot of characters' parts. Also, if they have Barriss Offee be the real killer, it'll be horribly disappointing just because of how odd her scenes were in this one, she acted way weird... had this been Law & Order, she definitely would have been the killer.
    They might have had a separate ceremony for the civilians, or perhaps the families had their own. It makes sense that the Jedi would have a funeral for the Jedi. The military base had a big memorial for the clones killed at the first battle of Geonosis, so they're honoring them in some way, but I do wonder if they have military funerals for the clones or how that occurs.

I didn't notice the backwards Turbo Tanks, but I did notice that Poggle the Lesser was on one of the screens in the military prison - one of a few nice nods to the Season Two Geonosis arc in this episode. I couldn't quite tell if there were other Separatist leaders on the screens, but I wouldn't doubt it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

OK. Bariss was not in ROTS to my knowledge but we see Luminara on Kashyyyk.

Yes, if Bariss was the killer it would make a lot of sense with the foreshadowing. Some things like I believe the package to her Hasbro 12" ROTS figure said she was on Falucia (with Aayla) during Order 66.

That could still fit in with this. She could be a rogue with Mariss Brood or even train her. Don't know the Force Unleashed legacy that well.

But why would Bariss set up her friend Ahsoka? Why would Bariss kill clones?

Ventress is still out there. Dooku and Sidious could have done this. They have me guessing.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Barriss doesn't have attachments if she's a good Jedi so friends don't matter, and clones are part of the problem to this killer.

As for the ROTS canon aspect, Barriss' death scene was cut just like Shaak-Ti's, so Shaak-Ti's death ended up coming in The Force Unleashed instead despite prior EU claims, no reason Barriss can't get locked up or killed in The Clone Wars.

Indeed. Given that they've already urinated all over the (far superior, in my opinion) Medstar Duology, no reason they shouldn't defecate on it as well.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Since Chuxter Is taking this down a peg I want Barris to survive so she can have a sex scene with Dexter jetstor.

" i'll helpe you survive order 66 but what are you going to do for me?"

All that green. Captain Kirk would be proud!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That would actually fit in with the previous novels better.
    Tommy, close your eyes.