Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
    James Arnold Taylor updated his blog with his thoughts. Here he makes it sound like it's completely done aside from the episodes in production, based on Cary Silver and Dave Filoni calling him to say it was cancelled - and only this past Friday. He didn't explicitly say that he wouldn't be going in for any more voice sessions, but it seemed like he was done working on it. Obviously voice work is done before the many months' work of animation, but it seems as though the work is only happening on episodes that were already in some level of production. Then again, ADR is pretty common here, so maybe they can sneak in a few extra episodes or something. At any rate, I know they've still been recording up until fairly recently, so hopefully those episodes will still get made and we'll have lots of content to look forward to here.

I dunno about TOR - it seems like it'll still be a while before the show goes to air, and the game will be old news by then. But the overall Old Republic timeline is pretty popular (even though I've never gotten into it). I doubt that it would take place during the new films or in the space between VI and VII, since there would likely be too much conflict and continuity issues with trying to make both at the same time.

And, oh yeah, Admiral Trench's robotic upgrades are freakin' awesome in that clip!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

JAT is being overly dramatic. I don't know what was said in that call, but the guy has been on a million shows and none of them lasted forever, look at Drawn Together or Johnny "reruns every 5 minutes" Test or Star Wars: Clone Wars. It does wound my idea of voicing TV movies, but certainly doesn't kill it - look at Drawn Together: The Movie.

TOR is a big investment though, a lot of concept money went into art and writing that supports the game, it's a lot of resource to draw from and the game is still hoping to pull out of its nosedive with a move to a Free to Play model.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

While this is a big disappointment, it's not a surprise. After all, the Clone Wars had to end eventually considering it only took place over a three year period. Quite frankly, if we never see another episode again, the last one ended perfectly. I mean, they actually ran the credits without interruption, that's the only time they've done that that I can remember.

I believe that any new animated series will take place post ROTJ. I can't imagine them doing a series in TOR starting out with characters that nobody cares about. And I seriously doubt they will do a legacy cartoon either. My guess is it gaps ROTJ and EVII. And considering how old Han, Luke, and Leia are going to look, that's a pretty large gap, unlike Clone Wars. If good enough, it could go on for 10+ years.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    After all, the Clone Wars had to end eventually considering it only took place over a three year period.
    Well M*A*S*H ran for 11 years even though the Korean War only lasted 3 years (I know technically the Korean War is still going on, but I'm talking about the cease fire that's lasted since 1953).

I might be interested in watching a post-ROTJ series, but still would prefer something that takes place between ANH and ROTJ.

Way back in 1980, Lucas actually claimed that he planned to make 12 movies consisting of 4 trilogies. One of those trilogies would take place concurrently with the OT and follow a character who would actually turn out to be the "other" that Yoda mentioned in ESB. Obviously that was rewritten so that Leia became the "other" but there might still be enough there for a decent TV series.

Personally, I'm just tired of all the Jedi vs. Sith stuff and would prefer to follow something that had more to do with smugglers and bounty hunters. The lightsaber stuff in Star Wars always bored me anyway, even as a kid.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I heard that the entire SW saga was meant to be seen through the eyes of one of the skiff guards.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

TVLine reports (under all the Glee crap) from an upfront presentation on Tuesday:
    Disney Channels Worldwide boss Gary Marsh also said the company is “working closely with LucasFilm, Kathleen Kennedy and director Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) to explore new Star Wars content for our platforms,” to be detailed later this year.
    Dave Filoni has always been incredible with the fans and has such a passion for the saga - not to mention the fact that he worked so closely with George for eight years now, and the episodes he personally directed are highlights of the series - so I would love to see him continue on at the company, regardless of whether or not he's making The Clone Wars.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

My one concern about this is that Disney XD does a horrible job supporting its content. Inconsistent promos, bad scheduling, and just a sense of "whatever" slapdashery is what separates that from... ok, it doesn't actually SEPARATE from Cartoon Network in this case, just they're worse at it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

One thing that could work in its favor, should SW slow down for some reason: Cartoon Network apparently canceled Young Justice not because the show was bad or doing poorly, but the (horribly bad and overpriced) merchandise wasn't selling enough. They also canceled Batman: The Brave & The Bold simply because someone was working on another Batman cartoon (still not out, a couple of years after B&TB was canned).

At least being owned by Disney might help it out on XD.

Oh, wait, wasn't the Avengers cartoon on Disney XD supposed to be insanely good, but was axed for an inferior cartoon that looks more like the movie?

(And the Hasbro-(co-)owned Hub shot G.I. Joe: Renegades in the foot before it started, never giving it a toyline and not promoting it at all, much less as much as the inferior Transformers Prime, which is now canceled despite doing well. Wow, these adaptations on stations owned or co-owned by their parent companies are kinda screwed, aren't they?)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Disney XD treated Tron Uprising miserably. No reruns during the week. Virtually no promotion. Moved its timeslot to midnight Saturday. And this was a house-owned franchise, the show would have been sure to be a critical darling, it looked great and had a rich world to play with, fantastic cast, strong writing, and it tied into an ongoing movie series. Naturally that meant "KILL IT WITH FIRE!" to Disney XD.

It's like none of these channels can figure out how to program anything other than old reruns of stuff that doesn't sell toys, while the toy-selling shows get hosed - the only show of the entire bunch to get better treatment is Transformers Prime.

TF:P was cancelled?!? How will Optimus get out of the rubble now?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-