Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Star Wars Rebels - Season 3

Just saw the trailer for Season 3 of Rebels. Looks like at least a couple more familiar characters will be in the show. Quite exciting.

https://youtu.be/xmXp802sFgQ

Dave Filoni says that's not The Outrider, but a different YT-2400. Or he's snowing us.

Anyway, solid trailer, very exciting stuff. Still not that on board with Rex tho.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So is Ahsoka permanently gone from the show? She's the primary reason I gave up on this series a few episodes into season 2, but I'll consider giving it another chance if they finally got around to killing her off.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    So is Ahsoka permanently gone from the show? She's the primary reason I gave up on this series a few episodes into season 2, but I'll consider giving it another chance if they finally got around to killing her off.
    Hard to say if she is permanently gone from the show. They left it open ended enough that she could return sometime in the future. With that said, I think they resolved most of what they wanted to accomplish with her in regards to loose Clone Wars plot threads. They brought back Darth Maul though, so now you get to look forward to that.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I think the (mostly) positive fan reaction led Dave to want to keep her around, but since they work so far ahead on the show, she wouldn't show up for a few seasons. I think her facing Vader would have been the most appropriate way to send her off, but maybe they've got something cool planned for her. Either way, it doesn't sound like she'll be reappearing any time soon.

I'm glad to see they're bringing in Wedge and the Y-wings (hopefully with reference to their TCW history). They're barreling toward ANH!

I only recently read Heir to the Empire for the first time (I had started it years ago but didn't get far) in anticipation of Thrawn's return. The story itself is full of too many coincidences even for SW (Luke and Han, on completely separate adventures with different goals, somehow wind up in the same place together twice), and Zahn's writing style is more interested in showing the physical (SO MANY characters feel their lips twitch, and shivers up their spines) so I never felt like I was in the characters' heads the way I have in other books (a great recent example being Bloodline). Even without the sequel trilogy and the Legends reorganization, this story features many elements that don't fit in a post-prequel world (ysalimiri, the small galaxy, psychotic clones, Kashyyyk). I recognize its historical importance in providing a SW story when it looked like there would be no more, but I think it was too at odds with how I picture the SW galaxy. Coincidences aside, the story itself was pretty entertaining. I'm hoping they take this new opportunity to really make Thrawn the villain he's cracked up to be.

Also, having a dark-skinned subservient species called Noghri was kinda unsettling. Why? Well, just switch the vowel sounds, and remember that Thrawn wanted them to have black skin until LFL made him change it to gray...
    Got a question for Hasbro? Ask it here!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi

I remember hearing once that the Noghri were initially to be called "Sith," since (at that time) Darth Vader was the Lord of something we had no idea about. Lucas put the kibosh on it.

He also wanted to use Royal Guards, but Lucas had grand plans for them and made them off limits. He later went back on that and we have no idea what those plans were.
    That's my jacket!

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I remember hearing once that the Noghri were initially to be called "Sith," since (at that time) Darth Vader was the Lord of something we had no idea about. Lucas put the kibosh on it.

He also wanted to use Royal Guards, but Lucas had grand plans for them and made them off limits. He later went back on that and we have no idea what those plans were.
    I'd heard the first, too.

But, no "grand plans" you say? Uh, Yoda totally knocks their heads together in ROTS before facing Palpy! And, George MADE THEM BLUE FIRST! How can you say that?
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

So, it is Fri. 9/23 for the season 3 premiere? Or that Saturday? Or the 30th? Uncertainty abounds with me.
    Too late; I already copyrighted these parodies: Rogue Juan, Rogue Won, Rogue Huan, Rogue Wan, Rogue Obi-Wan, Rouge One, Rogue Wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    So, it is Fri. 9/23 for the season 3 premiere? Or that Saturday? Or the 30th? Uncertainty abounds with me.
    My DVR is showing it as scheduled to record at 8:30 on Saturday, September 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    My DVR is showing it as scheduled to record at 8:30 on Saturday, September 24.
    Odd; it shows at 5:30 here in CA. I can post updates for you here, MSP, if you want; save you 3 hours of waiting. I thought your WA was north, not east, of here.