Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Exclamation The Clone Wars: season 5

StarWars.com posted a Season Five teaser trailer. It's very short and doesn't show much of anything, but it does have Maul, Savage, and (separately) Pre Vizsla on the move. It reminds me a bit of those tone poem commercials they did for TPM back in 1999 ("Fear is my ally," "Don't look back," etc.). Not the greatest trailer ever, but hopefully these characters will all get their due next season.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Shouldn't that be a new thread for Season 5?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Aye, it should be. I guess I had just gotten so used to the overall "First look at the Clone Wars 'toon" thread that I'd completely forgotten that nobody's used that one in months.

JT, perhaps we could split this off into a new thread, even though it's not exactly been hopping in the last month?

Anyway, I had seen a crappy phone recording of the trailer from SW Weekends, but it's great to see it in HD. I'm looking forward to them hopefully using a lot of their characters more than they did this past season - Pre Vizsla, Lux Bonteri, Embo (who looks to be fighting Savage Opress as well as Anakin/Padmé/Rush Clovis at separate times), Rush Clovis, Hondo Ohnaka, Sugi, and Dengar, to name a few. It looks like Vizsla was speaking on Mandalore proper - I wonder if he will kill Satine and take over the planet?

Trailer looks amazing. Finally get to see Alderaan. Can't wait.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    JT, perhaps we could split this off into a new thread, even though it's not exactly been hopping in the last month?
    Done.

I've decided to wait on the trailer until I see it at comic-con since it's only a month away.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, I loved "A Necessary Bond!" I re-watched the first three episodes of this arc right before it, and the story is much more satisfying that way. This is probably one of the best arcs this show has done, at least in a while!

It was so nice to get payoff for Dooku's capture in Season One, and finally seeing the freakin' Slave I again was awesome! Hondo was funnier in this episode than he's probably ever been, and I liked how they dealt with his character changes. Him trying to get Obi-Wan to pay for all his damages was great. Huyang was great here as well and his tease about Yoda's time as a youngling was fun.

I hope Hasbro took note of the ship Grievous was using during the chase on Florrum - that would be awesome for the Class I line.

As for viewing times, I DVR it at my parents' house and watch it when I'm there, or if I'm at my apartment then I just wait until Sunday to watch it on the official site. It looks a hell of a lot better on an HD TV, that's for sure.

I love the episode too! Hasbro has to make that tank for the toy market.

a big Hondo fan here I likes the way they handle his character.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Best episode of the arc, and here's hopeing Hasbro makes Grievous's new ride.